IGNORED

Vectrex Multicarts

madhatter667

Hey guys,

I have a hadnful of questions regarding these things.

First off, how many games were in the Vectrex library, including the few homebrews and protos that are usually included in the comprehensiove carts you see from time to time? 60 -70ish?

Second, I see some on eBay from time to time, but they are rarely the large carts, typically with a choice of 8 games, and there seems to be no gurantee of cartridge casing with these. I have seen a 32 game cartridge, but it is just the board and chips, no casing.

Are these carts worth picking up if the prices stay modest?

Lastly, should I just scour the marketplace for one of the comprehensive units? Didn't Sean Kelley make a multi cart at one time? Are these still available?

I like the Vectrex, but the only other game I have been able to nab without over spending has been Hyperchase. I know there plenty of good games for it, just have to find a way to get them.

Cool, how do they work? Do you download ROMs, and then move them to the cart? Or is there some accompnaying software that allows you to do this? How many games can be stored on the flashcart? I am totally new to this aspect of the gaming world...though I have seen many other flashcarts for other systems. This seems like a very convenient way to get a library built up without either a)destroying your originals, or b) if the bulk of the systems games are in the public domain, or freely distributed c)you care about playing in opposition to physical collection

I'll send an email to the proprietor of the site, but would appreciate more input in regards to this intriguing piece of gaming goodness.

The vec flash can hold up to 15 roms, but some roms

contain mutiple games.

The roms can be loaded onto the unit through the software

provided on the website, and the serial cable that comes with

the unit.

All vectrex games are public domain, so there is no need to worry

about software piracy.

:)

Patriots is an addictive game.

Hope that helps.

Yeah, that makes sense. Lots of pop ups, and voting sites, some of which put adware on your shit. I have seen that happen. Irritating.

I got the goodset from Emuparadise... I actually have a forum membership on there... but I had thought that it was mostly a forum site, with a bunch of enthusiasts. Well, you learn something new everyday huh? Not only did it apparently download fine, but through my school network too. It is an incredibly small zipped file.

Now for the purpose of a flash cart...the ROMs need to be unzipped to load them to it, correct? I'll go back to the flash cart site and download the software.

Yeah, I am communicating with him via email to hammer out the particulars of the process. I want to have a good idea of what I am doing before I lay out the money for the cart. Seems like a fun way to build up the collection. While not as large as the awesome Sean Kelley multi unit, a couple of those Vecflash carts are still cheaper, and chances are, I won't want to play every game. Although I have been wrong before.

• 3 weeks later...

Sean Kelly has sold his multcart in the past on eBay in late November or early December. He usually sells in large quantities. I don't know if he will do it again this year or not but my guess is that he will. It is an easy way to raise some quick cash for the holidays.

You can update the Vecflash yourself when a new game is released. The SK cart can be updated if you send it back to him to be reprogrammed. Question is, will he ever return it. Might as well kiss it goodbye because you won't see it again.

• 2 weeks later...