IGNORED

The Original Atari Age??

I'm not sure that magazine was ever sold retail...I think you got it by joining an "Atari club" or by subscription from a card/ad that was packed with Atari computers.

I'm pretty sure it was subscription only though...

yup thats right i got one that says i need to renew my subscription ( dang fool nearly forgot to ) . i bet that alone will interesting to see downt teh road but i got like all but 2 of them i think Vol2 iss 1and Vol 2 iss 6 is all i need. those are the coolest mags ever. i think this atariage should do a monthly or bi monthly news letter or something like that if they have the time for taht to i dont know that they do.

quote:

Originally posted by rolenta:

This is correct. It was only available through a subscription as part of joining the Atari Club.

Wasn't the cost of joining the Atari Club only a dollar? They certainly weren't making any money on that effort, although I guess they were able to sell those "club exclusives", plus all the other merchandise they listed in the magazine (if memory serves, and I'm too tired to go rumaging through the images on my HD right now). If it started at $1, did this price ever go up? For that matter, did they even bother "billing" people for a renewal?

Sadly, I cannot say that I ever joined this club.. And I don't have any physical Atari Age magazines, although Alex has a complete set so I do have access to them. But I'd like to get my own set someday (along with all the Numb Thumbs, Activisions, Atarian, Antics and ANALOGS. Someday.. )

..Al

quote:

Originally posted by liveinabin:

Can someone post some pictures from a copy? I'd love to see one.

You can download them from here. I just downloaded the first issue from that site and they look pretty good (although there are holes punched so they could be put in a three-ring binder). We'll be putting the entire set of magazines online here at some point in the near future.

..Al

quote:

Originally posted by Albert:

I don't have any physical Atari Age magazines, although Alex has a complete set so I do have access to them. But I'd like to get my own set someday (along with all the Numb Thumbs, Activisions, Atarian, Antics and ANALOGS.

One magazine that Ihaven't see nlisted in this forum (or maybe I just missed it) was The Atari Connection. This was a magazine that Atari initially sent out to people who returned their warranty cards for the 400 & 800 computers.

quote:

Originally posted by Albert:

You can download them from
. I just downloaded the first issue from that site and they look pretty good (although there are holes punched so they could be put in a three-ring binder). We'll be putting the entire set of magazines online here at some point in the near future.

..Al

A bad URL? I'm getting a "page cannot be displayed" message(using MSN).

i had joined the club and for some dumb reason never bought any of the club exclusive carts .

i had all the mags but don't know what ever happened to them. I saved all my "electronic games"magazines but somehow must of tossed out the atari age mags.

originally posted by Gunstar

"A bad URL? I'm getting a "page cannot be displayed" message(using MSN). "

the site does seem to be down today.

i already visited the site and downloaded the pics. not bad but i bet the ones on this site will be better.

• 2 weeks later...

I was a member of the Atari club and I remember receiving a few issues. I remember having seen two in my house a long time ago but I was only able to find one of them recently and included a picture of it along with several other Atari items that remain in my collection on my web page.