IGNORED

Who Are You Anyway, Atari 2600 Fan?

phitter

The source of my username is easily identified from a Google search. It is unexpectedly similar in certain respects to the story behind s0c7's username.

BigO, to me, your name most closely associates with the awesome anime series The Big O. I believe Cartoon Network actually still airs it right now, at 5 AM Sunday mornings. I like jbanes' interpretation of it, too, though.

The only reason I understood NE146's name at first glance is that the old "NE1410is" word play makes me read "NE14" as "Anyone for" anywhere.

Starhopper, SpareHead3, I've seen some Red Dwarf, too, back when it aired right before Doctor Who on Maryland Public Television. One really funny thing is if you think about how Rimmer has an 'H' on his forehead and map it with what 'H' means to Japanese culture. . . .

onmode-ky

P.S. If you're too lazy to look it up yourself but are still curious, my username is a shutdown command for a breed of relational database.

P.P.S. I once used a username "killdash9" on a technical support forum for a game I'd bought that wasn't working (and still doesn't). No one got the reference, or so I assume since they kept calling me "killdash," which is meaningless (it was a Windows game, after all). If you don't understand what "killdash9" refers to, then you need to learn more Unix. :)

1982 I was 12 years old and BBS's had me hooked, I chose an alias of Pink Panther. Once I started playing games on CompuServe someone else had chosen the alias so I sought out a new one. Being a kid I chose Riff Raff based on a character in the Heathcliff cartoon.

Here's what he looked like:

riffraff.png

A very good description of the cartoon and the characters can be described HERE.

Although untrue, I find it way cooler for me to say I got the name from the cult classic The Rocky Horror Picture show (Riff Raff shown in current avatar <----) which I would go see from time to time as I got older.

Heck even one of the villans from the Underdog Cartoon would have been a better origin. I did like Underdog a lot when I was 7 or 8 but I admit that's not where I got the name from.

riffraff.jpg

Throughtout the 80's growing up I held onto the name and used it on C-64 demos and crack screens. Nowadays there are a lot of people who use the name. Bastards should step aside and give the original cat his due but oh well :)

<== People at work circa the Y2K bug-fix time in 1999 called me The Coffee Man because I suppose I am drinking it / making it at work all day long. I have had an interest in the French language so called myself Caféman when I first got on the internet. Never changed it because I like to sign my name in ASCII art.

(_)3 , or alternately, c(_)

Edited by Cafeman