IGNORED

A funny thing happened on my way to get a Wii...

MegaManFan

ugh... I have one of those Linksys wireless bridges and it is crap. I would go for another brand. In my experience with wireless components Linksys blows. They make good ethernet components but their wireless products are lacking. D-Link and Netgear both make fantastic wireless products and their prices are usually better.

Actually I already bought the Linksys, have it, and have been using it for a week now. Works great for me!

Hey MMF... how are you enjoying the PS3 so far? Now that you also have a Wii, do you have a preference on which system you like/use the most? Do you plan on getting any of the PS1 downloads that are now available for the PSP?

Just really curious as to your feelings on both systems, strengths and weakness's, since you are the only person I know that has both systems.

Mendon

I love how this thread has developed extensive lengthy posts about how MMF can work around the "cheaper" ps3's shortcomings.

Thats all I have to say about this situation.

Hehehe, with enough obstinance and determination, a cheap PS3 becomes just as functional as the upgraded PS3, with the only major difference in the end being that you'll get 40 GB less HD space.

Mendon to answer your question I'm enjoying both systems for different reasons. The Wii's unique gameplay style is a kick in the pants, and I appreciate the backwards compatability with the Cube plus the Virtual Console games. The PS3's Sixaxis controller isn't quite as unique as the Wiimote but still has loads of potential, and the ability to transfer or download movies and MP3's plus surf the web is hella fun. I'm hoping to get as much out of the PSOne downloads as Wii's VC but so far I'm having some issues with it (see my latest thread).

I just left MegaManFans house and all I can say is WOW! :D I got to play both the Wii and the PS3 and we had a blast with both. I wasn't all that keen on the PS3 but I now understand what this console is. It was an amazing experience to see all the PS3 is capable of on MMF's hidef Sony TV. We watched part of a BluRay movie, listened to some MP3's, watched some AVI's, checked out YouTube, and oh ya, played a game.

On the Wii side, we had a hoot playing some Wii Sports and Monkey Ball. It amazed me how the Wii controller is used much like you would perform the same action in real life. In Monkey Ball we played a darts mini-game and you actually treat the remote like a dart (but don't actually let go!).

Apples and oranges. Two different experiences. The winner? The gamer is the winner. :)

Damn you MMF. Where the hell am I going to come up with the cash for BOTH systems?! :x ;)

• 4 weeks later...
Sweeet! You won't regret it, that game kicks ass, I finished it (took about 25-30 hours, can't remember). :D

You don't need a second controller right away and the unit has a ethernet jack, so you don't need wireless. Depending on your TV, I would recommend a component cable or a HDMI cable.

25-30hrs, I got it on launch and I still haven't beaten it. You are good.

-Derek