IGNORED

Cloak & Dagger Movie Screen Shots.

Atariboy2600

Maybe more than one box was used in the various shots, but the one picture clearly reads Football at the top. Remember Atari released both Realsports Football & Football boxes for the same game

The weird thing though is I don't think that first word looks long enough to say "Realsports". It's almost like it says "Atari Football" or something. Maybe I'm seeing things. I guess I need to study my Football boxes when I get home....

Also, what's the red set of instructions he's pulling out in the second picture -- one of the football playbooks maybe?

The original release was simply called Football. It wasn't until a few months (a year?) later when Atari developed the Realsports line that they rebadged the game. I think only the box changed and the cartidge still said only Football.

Yes there are two playbooks included with the game, one red, one blue.

Tempest

I'm more interested in that Atari 2800 poster on the wall behind them. I'd probably kill Morris for that alone. Then again that's really wierd, what is a little game store in some podunk mall in the US doing with a Japanese release only game poster?

I beleave they used that poster as a In-Joke movie cuase of E.T. in the main middle and we know that Henry Thomas plays both Elliott in ET and Davey in Cloak & Dagger :ponder:

Yet with all that relates to Atari in that kids career, what does he do? Stars in an Intellivision commercial...

The original release was simply called Football. It wasn't until a few months (a year?) later when Atari developed the Realsports line that they rebadged the game. I think only the box changed and the cartidge still said only Football.

Yes there are two playbooks included with the game, one red, one blue.

Tempest

Yep, your right Tempest. Got home and checked my box. Couldn't remember if the non-realsports one said "Football" or "Atari Football".

Also checked my red Football playbook, and I'd say there's no doubt that that's an upside-down red Football playbook that he's pulling out....

Edited by else

I'm more interested in that Atari 2800 poster on the wall behind them. I'd probably kill Morris for that alone. Then again that's really wierd, what is a little game store in some podunk mall in the US doing with a Japanese release only game poster?

I'd just kill Morris for being Morris :D

I'd just kill Morris for being Morris :D

Its hard to believe this is the same William Forsythe:

th-WilliamFor_Soren_8143085_400.jpg

Or that he would go on to have a career playing psychotic dangerous guys, such as Ritchie Madno in the Seagal flick "Out For Justice" 7 years later.

Hey thats rigth he played as Al Capone in the TV show The Untouchables back in 93 and that escaped crasy yonger brother Evelle Snoats in Raising Arizona! :cool:

000162_45.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

If you look closely at the shot where Davey is holding the supposed C&D box, its facing the camera on the backside and it looks like - from the screenshot on the box - to be Joust.

Curt

Scene C The Game Keeper Store.:

As Davey fines out that his frined is kidnaped and they want the Cloak & Dagger Cart back but Jack gives Davey a decoy game to trick the spys.

Well Joust one of the four that they kits for the arcade version

• 1 year later...

I remember after the first time I watched this movie as a kid, the next trip down to San Antonio (where most of the movie was filmed) I tried as hard as I could to find the game store in the movie. From what I understand now, the footage shot in the store was actually filmed out in California.

I used to have that!!! My brother moved home from asia only about 4 or 5 years ago and removed it.

Had I known he was going to do that I think I would have carefully removed it and ebayed it lol!

As for this topic. I love it. Always interesting to see what my crazy peers uncover! The 5200 was a dream where I live. No one carried it and you were lucky to have one anywhere in Canada. It was quite a mysterious system for its day.

As for the movie it peeved me off that the kid could care about anything other than the 5200 itself!

Who cares about the secret data? You have a 5200 Elliot! Stay home out of it and play that machine while the controllers are still working! Brat! Hahahahaha.

I want the Space Shuttle wallpaper that's in his room!

If you look closely at the shot where Davey is holding the supposed C&D box, its facing the camera on the backside and it looks like - from the screenshot on the box - to be Joust.

Curt

Scene C The Game Keeper Store.:

As Davey fines out that his frined is kidnaped and they want the Cloak & Dagger Cart back but Jack gives Davey a decoy game to trick the spys.

Because this thread is already bumped :)

The Box is not Joust; the Joust box does not have a 5200 system on it.

It looks more like Space Invaders with the Words "Space Invaders" block out with a piece of cardboard.

b_SpaceInvaders_back.jpg

post-20285-1214575052_thumb.jpgA Cloak & Dagger machine at FunSpot in New Hampshire. If you've never been there, it has three floors of family entertainment (bowling, ticket machines, indoor mini golf, and a whole floor dedicated to classic 80's video arcade machines!!!!). The website is: www.funspotnh.com

The picture is from my camera phone. I believe it is an actual original cloak & dagger machine.

• 1 month later...

I filmed this at CGE of Dave talking about Cloak and Dagger 5200. Never heard from him again. Anyone know the status of the project? Great label on the thread. When the game comes out, It MUST have the label or it would kill the illusion, knowhutimean?

Also, it would be worth extra money, although not as necessary, to have an extra chip with an easter egg video of the secret plane plans. It would complete the thing, though. And last thought, to get one copy to Henry Thomas! He'd get a kick out of that!

Wargames the 25th anniversary was on recently at major theatres. nice! Similar to Cloak and Dagger, but the only game I know of is the colecovision and I think C-64 for Wargames.