IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

• 1 month later...

I bought a Light Sixer last night; should be here next week. It needs to be cleaned and shined up, and needs a power supply, but it's from a seller with significant sales and 100% feedback, and guaranteed working. Very much looking forward to receiving it. I haven't owned a VCS or 2600 of any kind since the mid-80's. :)

Okay, it wasn't me, but someone got a pretty good deal. I was watching this, but missed out.... that'll teach me to sleep in on Saturday.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VTG-Atari-400-800-Case-w-6-games-Sea-Fox-Seafox-Broderbund-Miner-2049er-/111649704956

Lot of carts including SeaFox for $37.

Do you know what's funny? I bid on that auction for the Plato manuals, not the Seafox cart. I didn't even think Seafox was rare.

If somebody is interested in the cart when I get it, I would consider selling it to fund more Atari 8-bit archiving.

Allan

I just today purchased a Hakko FX-888D soldering station. First soldering equipment I've ever purchased and it will be the first soldering tools I've had to use since I was a teenager.

I know it's not really Atari-related, but the first thing I plan to do with it is replacing a hacked-up "repair" of the Game Select switch on the new-to-me Light Sixer that I bought two weeks ago. That should count for something, right?

I got this in the mail today, take a moment and think about it and I'll explain why it's Atari related at the end...

OK, stumped? I just bought it on the evil auction site, it's from the hotel I played my first arcade video game in, Pac-Man table style machine in the lobby:)

Edited by Atari-Collector

Picked up a few more...

post-26874-0-09368500-1430930919_thumb.jpg The Best of Antic Volume One An Anthology

520ST Power Adapter To use on my BlackBox.

post-26874-0-11886300-1430930904_thumb.jpg

Atari 1050 Floppy Drives, One worked, one needs to be fixed.

post-26874-0-03707200-1430930868_thumb.jpg

Not seen on AtariMania

post-26874-0-31046900-1430930759_thumb.jpg The Lotto Program

post-26874-0-59769300-1430930849_thumb.jpg Atari Smash Hits Vol-4

Edited by AtariGeezer
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else notice the abundance of 830 modems (with high BIN prices) lately?

This one showed up with a few extra goodies - copies of Telelink I and SynComm with manual and binder - at a really decent price, so I couldn't resist...

post-19239-0-98304900-1431895255_thumb.jpg

Useless, of course - I don't even have a landline phone anymore - but a cool conversation piece nonetheless. All it has to do is sit there and remind me of a better, vanished time.

• Like 1

Hello Adam

You can get handsets that connect to your mobile phone via either cable or bluetooth. Just in case you ever want to use the 830 with your cell phone. :D

Sincerely

Mathy

cell phones won't work even at 300 baud last I tryed. they go through a lot of lossy compression, but that's not the problem. The issue was the lack of duplex. When you talk on a cellphone, you don't hear the other person. Maybe this depends on the cellphone, but I would guess this is related to the network.

cell phones won't work even at 300 baud last I tryed. they go through a lot of lossy compression, but that's not the problem. The issue was the lack of duplex. When you talk on a cellphone, you don't hear the other person. Maybe this depends on the cellphone, but I would guess this is related to the network.

I can confirm that it wouldn't work for me for whatever reason. I have a handset for my cell phone that fits perfectly in the 830 cradle. I'm on Verizon. I was unable to connect to a local bbs. Tried with a landline phone(the handset didn't even fit the cradle), and it worked fine.