IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

A PAL six-switcher VCS with two standard joysticks sold untested and without PSU but which turned out to work fine. (Had a 2600 Jr. already but that simply isn't the same for style - that woodgrain reminds me of countless hours spent behind my best friend's VCS cursing my decision to wish for an Odyssey 2 the same Christmas he got the VCS.)

For a while I thought either the unit or the TV tuner was faulty as it only showed black/white pictures but then I tried Solaris and got a colour screen. My next thought was that the Adventure Cart I had tried before was NTSC rather than PAL. It took me a while to remember the B/W switch (used for other purposes in Solaris ;-) ) and presto: a yellow castle in all it's 12" Trinitron glory!

Now I can show my kids some severely 70s gaming on rainy summer break days.

I just picked up Star Raider in a decent condition box, manual, and rebate card. I picked it up since this was the first Atari 8-bit game I owned. BTW: is there an interesting story behind the name on the cart being, "Star Raider" instead of "Raiders"? Also, the raiders in the game aren't really raiding anything. Maybe after they blow up all of the space stations is when the raiding starts to happen. ;-)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

That banner looks great, Sadly I purchased one a few years ago but I can no longer find it (had a couple house moves so I think it's gone forever)

Yep it does :) I've seen some on ebay that have visible signs of being folded many times, luckily mine came in a shipping tube...

Hopefully, you'll fin yours someday soon...

Added several loose carts to my collection, one at a time over the last month or so:

post-19239-0-98744600-1438815122_thumb.jpg

My favorite of which is Seafox - I've wanted this one for some time, and finally got a decent deal (I think) at $75 shipped.

It's one rare cart I didn't mind spending a little more on, because it's actually a pretty good game, that I'll actually play..

I bought forty precision-engineered IC sockets of various leg-counts to complete replacing the standard sockets on my 800XL.

A batch of ten 10 uf capacitors to repair my favorite 800XL, where C50 decided to get all gooey-splodey on me last week. $2.38 shipped, lol.

Was this related to your intermittent problems with the display post-"Ultimate1MB" DrVenkman?

Was this related to your intermittent problems with the display post-"Ultimate1MB" DrVenkman?

Yep. Well, the 4050 hex buffer went first, maybe related to the 800XL Quick and Easy Video Mod I did on it a month before, but more likely due to age. The cap went out a week after replacing the hex buffer. I don't think either problem had anything to do with the U1MB installation. In retrospect, I think the cap was probably marginal, which led to the failure of the 4050, and then died itself. I'm gonna install the new capacitor and run the 800XL for a 72 burn-in test to make sure it's stable. If it is, I'm going to move the U1MB over to it, since it's got a somewhat nicer case than the one it's riding in now. That machine also has less wear on the aluminum buttons.

• Like 1

Yep. Well, the 4050 hex buffer went first, maybe related to the 800XL Quick and Easy Video Mod I did on it a month before, but more likely due to age. The cap went out a week after replacing the hex buffer. I don't think either problem had anything to do with the U1MB installation. In retrospect, I think the cap was probably marginal, which led to the failure of the 4050, and then died itself. I'm gonna install the new capacitor and run the 800XL for a 72 burn-in test to make sure it's stable. If it is, I'm going to move the U1MB over to it, since it's got a somewhat nicer case than the one it's riding in now. That machine also has less wear on the aluminum buttons.

I may give that a try myself - swapping out the caps I mean. I'm still encountering a crash to corrupted display after the machine has run for a while. Good tip!

I may give that a try myself - swapping out the caps I mean. I'm still encountering a crash to corrupted display after the machine has run for a while. Good tip!

The second 800XL - the one wearing the U1MB at the moment - is rock solid for hours and hours at a stretch - I've loaded up games with an attract mode and let the machine run all day (12 - 14 hours) on several consecutive days and it's been great. Once I get the first machine up and running well again, and assuming the machine doesn't blow another cap or hex buffer in a month or two - I'm going to do that video mod to the second sometime this fall. It only requires removing a cap, removing an inductor, adding a few resistors and two wire jumpers.

A batch of ten 10 uf capacitors to repair my favorite 800XL, where C50 decided to get all gooey-splodey on me last week. $2.38 shipped, lol.

And my 23.8¢ capacitors work great. :) My favorite 800XL is purring happily along. Gonna for a several-day burn-in and see how it holds up, then move the U1MB back over into it this weekend.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Only loosely Atari related and not eBay or even paid for.

A C64 slimline, 1541-II drive and power supplies for each. Free, courteousy of my local dumpster.

There was a container of floppies (copies) as well but I left them. Don't really trust media that old when I don't know it's history.

Tried them out yesterday, work just fine. The disk drive has some cracked plastic in the vent slots. The computer looks a bit sad and kb is badly discoloured.

• Like 1

a 800 (NTSC), a 810 both in top condition (barely yellowing), full documentation in good shape.

ATARI Artist cart with pad and docs, carts: missile cmd, assembler, basic, asteroids, basketball

various books in good shape. Flight II in original package, Chess game, 2 ATARI sticks

and an professional multi-system monitor (NTSC, PAL, SECAM) with full docs and cables.

from an retired airline pilot, who was the original owner.

:-)