Photo

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

4220 replies to this topic

#4201 Bryan OFFLINE  

Bryan

Quadrunner

• 10,386 posts
  • Cruise Elroy = 4DB7

Posted Tue May 23, 2017 7:28 PM

Fun Fact, MPP went bankrupt and the owners bought the company back when it was liquidated. They renamed it Supra and went on to become a leading modem manufacturer.

#4202 toddtmw OFFLINE  

toddtmw

Chopper Commander

• 204 posts

Posted Wed May 24, 2017 4:00 PM

This looks like a decent deal:

http://www.ebay.com/...t-/262994058266

It was!!

Just got it today. Everything works, but I doubt I'll ever be able to find an ink wheel for the 1027...

#4203 Bryan OFFLINE  

Bryan

Quadrunner

• 10,386 posts
  • Cruise Elroy = 4DB7

Posted Thu May 25, 2017 3:18 PM

Retards need to be kicked off ebay.

Attached Thumbnails

• 800ebay.jpg

#4204 toddtmw OFFLINE  

toddtmw

Chopper Commander

• 204 posts

Posted Thu May 25, 2017 3:20 PM

I think that is pretty common with the original 800, isn't it?

#4205 Bryan OFFLINE  

Bryan

Quadrunner

• 10,386 posts
  • Cruise Elroy = 4DB7

Posted Thu May 25, 2017 3:31 PM

I think that is pretty common with the original 800, isn't it?

Yes, but when you pay over $40 for shipping and get it in a box the same size as the computer with no padding...

The power supply was put in on top of the keyboard so it just pounded the s#!t out of it in transit. I'm surprised the case isn't in pieces.

#4206 Stephen ONLINE  

Stephen

Quadrunner

• 6,090 posts
  • A8 Gear Head

Posted Thu May 25, 2017 3:33 PM

Retards need to be kicked off earth

FTFY

#4207 toddtmw OFFLINE  

toddtmw

Chopper Commander

• 204 posts

Posted Thu May 25, 2017 3:37 PM

Yes, but when you pay over $40 for shipping and get it in a box the same size as the computer with no padding...

The power supply was put in on top of the keyboard so it just pounded the s#!t out of it in transit. I'm surprised the case isn't in pieces.

Okay. Yeah, that deserves some negative feedback.

I bought an Atari 800, 2 1050's, a 1027 printer, the atari daisy wheel printer, all the power supplies and 4 sio cables and the shipping on all that was $29. The package was 53 pounds and as far as I can tell, it was shipped overnight.

#4208 SoulBuster OFFLINE  

SoulBuster

River Patroller

• 2,107 posts

Posted Thu May 25, 2017 4:00 PM

Are they broken off or just popped off.

If popped off and everything is operational, leave neutral feedback and state how bad the shipping was..

#4209 Atari8bitCarts OFFLINE  

Atari8bitCarts

Stargunner

• 1,425 posts

Posted Thu May 25, 2017 4:45 PM

what a dick (the seller). They knew when they dropped that big ol'power supply on top of it that it would damage it. Really, have they never shipped anything before.

This makes me want to stalk them and when they purchase something online intercept it and beat the hell out of it, re-packing poorly :) And see if it bothers them.

#4210 Bryan OFFLINE  

Bryan

Quadrunner

• 10,386 posts
  • Cruise Elroy = 4DB7

Posted Thu May 25, 2017 4:50 PM

Are they broken off or just popped off.

As far as I can tell, popped off (I haven't messed with it yet), but on these Hi Tek and Stackpole keyboards, impact to the keys causes the corners of the plungers to split open and then the keys fall out easily from then on.

#4211 TangentAudio ONLINE  

TangentAudio

Chopper Commander

• 212 posts

Posted Thu May 25, 2017 5:00 PM

Ugh.  I bought a 600XL from someone on Ebay that was packaged terribly.  Power supply brick and 600XL - no bubble wrap, both loose inside of a crappy 1970s briefcase, which was tossed into a cardboard box with a little bit of bubble wrap (?!).

Needless to say the 600XL showed up rather beat up.  Space bar smashed off, scratches on the smoked plastic, scuffs and scrapes.  :mad:

#4212 Atari Nut OFFLINE  

Atari Nut

Star Raider

• 88 posts

Posted Thu May 25, 2017 5:35 PM

Request a refund.

#4213 DrVenkman ONLINE  

DrVenkman

Stargunner

• 1,659 posts
  • Starmaster Leader

Posted Thu May 25, 2017 5:43 PM

As far as I can tell, popped off (I haven't messed with it yet), but on these Hi Tek and Stackpole keyboards, impact to the keys causes the corners of the plungers to split open and then the keys fall out easily from then on.

Honestly, I don't think it's just impact - I think the plastic shrinks with age and the stress concentration in the corners causes them to crack. I have two 800's, one of them bought locally boxed in original Styrofoam, neither of them subject to impact so far as I know, and of them have corner cracks in all or nearly-all of the plungers. As I said in another thread just today, if any Atari fan wins Saturday's $275M Poweball lottery, they should fund development and manufacture of replacement 800 keyboards. :( 

#4214 Bryan OFFLINE  

Bryan

Quadrunner

• 10,386 posts
  • Cruise Elroy = 4DB7

Posted Thu May 25, 2017 6:38 PM

Well, I've calmed down now. I'm surprised it made it with the case intact. However, it only has 16K so I need to track down some memory.

#4215 gozar OFFLINE  

gozar

Dragonstomper

• 740 posts

Posted Thu May 25, 2017 8:10 PM

Well, I've calmed down now. I'm surprised it made it with the case intact. However, it only has 16K so I need to track down some memory.

Check your messages. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4216 _The Doctor__ OFFLINE  

_The Doctor__

River Patroller

• 2,276 posts

Posted Thu May 25, 2017 8:51 PM

last few things I've bought from evil bay arrived either trashed do to packing, or were trashed before packing.... it's hard to believe the crap shoot of epay could get worse... but it has...

sorry to hear you got dumped on by yet another poor transaction... I am about to give negative feedback on an item myself...

Edited by _The Doctor__, Thu May 25, 2017 8:52 PM.

#4217 Defender II OFFLINE  

Defender II

Stargunner

• 1,137 posts

Posted Fri May 26, 2017 7:54 PM

I always ask the seller to pack to prevent shipping damage and suggest the best way to do so for the specific item. So many sellers just ignore it and throw the items in a box or worse a bubble-lope then they slap a label on it and ship it. I even had an AA member take it personally and complained because I suggested proper packing for the items I bought even though I suggest proper packing methods to every seller. I've even sent extra $ for proper packing to prevent the hassle of damaged items. You never know and hurting their feelings is better than getting a rare item smashed to peaces because of poor packing.

#4218 toddtmw OFFLINE  

toddtmw

Chopper Commander

• 204 posts

Posted Sat May 27, 2017 6:10 PM

Just bought my third Atari computer in as many weeks. This one is a 130XE upgraded to 320.

#4219 Stephen ONLINE  

Stephen

Quadrunner

• 6,090 posts
  • A8 Gear Head

Posted Sat May 27, 2017 7:27 PM

Just bought my third Atari computer in as many weeks. This one is a 130XE upgraded to 320.

And so it begins!

#4220 Tillek OFFLINE  

Tillek

Dragonstomper

• 517 posts

Posted Yesterday, 7:30 PM

Like I said before.... if you need anything, don't hesitate......

But damn dude...... ;)

#4221 toddtmw OFFLINE  

toddtmw

Chopper Commander

• 204 posts

Posted Yesterday, 7:52 PM

Hoping to get my Sio2pc on Tuesday...

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users