IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

Well, stateside I believe it's me. Singlehandedly even. Why, today alone I am shelling out close to $1500 for busted 8-bit stuff :D

I would if I could, so I can't really complain about that. I'm just glad I was able to get some decent gear before eBay went to s**t in the UK. I recall a fully working XF551 which sold for about 30GBP last year, and which I narrowly missed. I'd have made damned sure I got it if I'd known it was the last sub-£100 example.

so you missed the 800xl,1010 and xf551 that sold yesterday for £80 BIN as well?

Well, stateside I believe it's me. Singlehandedly even. Why, today alone I am shelling out close to $1500 for busted 8-bit stuff :D

I would if I could, so I can't really complain about that. I'm just glad I was able to get some decent gear before eBay went to s**t in the UK. I recall a fully working XF551 which sold for about 30GBP last year, and which I narrowly missed. I'd have made damned sure I got it if I'd known it was the last sub-£100 example.

sure... twist the knife in the wound ;'P

sloopy.

Evidently so... the only silver lining on that cloud is that I can't afford £80 ATM.

I really need to update my saved searches: 800XE and XF551 slipped under the net... "disk drive" and "65XE" or "130XE" didn't appear anywhere in the description. :(

Edited by flashjazzcat

I've found all my good stuff hidden in big lots that were listed poorly, best example the auction I won for $20 + shipping that included

800XL

XF551

joysticks

Grey XE cart cases (x2)

multiple carts a couple which were not so common

and documentation.

I'm just glad I got most of my vintage gear from ebay back in the late 90's. Example: 65XE and XF551 - $10 for both

I think I once paid a dollar for a 1050 but $5 1050's and 800xl's were the norm back then. I got a bunch of them.

I rarely ever bid on ebay anymore.

I'm just glad I got most of my vintage gear from ebay back in the late 90's. Example: 65XE and XF551 - $10 for both

I think I once paid a dollar for a 1050 but $5 1050's and 800xl's were the norm back then. I got a bunch of them.

I rarely ever bid on ebay anymore.

Them were the days. Two other things which bug me (one of which is the exact reverse of what I was complaining about a month or so back in relation to an Amiga 600 being sold by someone a few streets away from me):

• Pick-up only sellers who would prefer to list the same item half a dozen times before (presumably) giving up and throwing it out rather than ship it to someone further afield who actually wants to buy it. I messaged someone with a busted monitor for sale shortly before the second listing ended yielding no bids, asking if he'd ship it if I arranged carriage. He said he wouldn't, because the monitor was "too fragile". I countered by making the salient point that it was broken anyway, before taking it off my watch list. It's now back again, for a third time, pick-up only. I hope it fits sideways.
  • High starting bids. There's a 65XE for sale in the UK with a starting bid of 35GBP. Beamer320i sold one the other day for 20GBP (unfortunately not to me), and it was just as nice.

There are a couple of heavily yellowed 65XEs floating around on eBay with ridiculous BIN prices which have been there for over a year and will probably be there for years to come.

So, I don't blame you for rarely bidding on eBay any more.

Edited by flashjazzcat

There are a couple of heavily yellowed 65XEs floating around on eBay with ridiculous BIN prices which have been there for over a year and will probably be there for years to come.

Have you seen the ones from Sweden??? One glance at the price and my eyes are hurting.

Have you seen the ones from Sweden??? One glance at the price and my eyes are hurting.

I have a LOL everytime I see those :D

bagged a boxed 810 and a loose 1050 today for free :cool:

Neither working though :( and the 810 is unbelievably yellow ;)

A friend of mine (who also wrote THE Microsoft Internet Information Services 5.0) made a tool in 2007 that takes a movie list, references against IMDB and creates a keyword list, then forages all of the torrent sites listed at a particular torrent site tracker, and literally scrapes the movies he wants from the internet, completely unattended. This is so we could play in a band together composed of DevTeam guys. And squeeze a few more thousand miles out of his POS 86 Honda Accord. :D

With all the talent here, how come nobody here has written a similar tool to "facilitate prevention of missed transactions between buyers and sellers" on AtariAge?

My friend - Aaron Lee

Nice! I'm not a collector either; I oddly get a bit of joy in picking up something sealed and then just opening it...

Nothing I've bought stays sealed. What's the point. These things are for using in my book.

• Like 1

I won these a while ago, but the latest items I got on eBay are:

Ultima iii and Ultima iv

I was just looking at those - the AtariMax carts - the clear ones, right?

Nothing like the original Disk versions with all the packaging :)