IGNORED

AtariAge Ranks

Alex

Well Albert, I also notice emoticons has changed a bit, Im glad to see that, more cool than recently fairly alright, but now it more nice color faces and emotions!! :D So, what next any changes for this forums??

Just let me know smile!! :)

Jason ;)

Well Albert, I also notice emoticons has changed a bit, Im glad to see that, more cool than recently fairly alright, but now it more nice color faces and emotions!! :D   So, what next any changes for this forums??

Make sure you hit Refresh on a page with all the icons, like the "View more Emoticons" page when composing a message. This will cause all the icons to reload. The only "stock" icons I ended up using were these: :?: :idea: :arrow:. All the others came from the old forum, or from smiley websites. :)

I've been slowly tweaking other pages today, but those changes have been more subtle than the new emoticons. However, I will be changing the main Forums listing later tonight to tighten it up a little (make it easier to see the last topic posted, remove the moderators displayed, each row takes up less space vertically so you can see more forums on the screen at once, etc.) I should have that online soon. Alex and I will soon make a color/font pass through the forums also, which will result in more visible changes. Also, David Exton is working on a new set of icons for the forums that will replace the small icons at the top of every page, the New Topic and Reply buttons, and all the buttoms you see in messages (Quote, Profile, Private Message, AIM, Yahoo, etc.) It'll be nice to get those in. :)

..Al

Have you seen the game Moderator yet?  That's another rare one.  ;)

..Al

But which one is rarer? I guess we could add Matt's, Marco's and my posts and compare the total to Alex and Albert's combined totals. But I'm too lazy to check right now. :)

Hmm, I just realized that all of the moderators names begin with M and both of the admins names begin with A.

:idea: I guess that's why I was asked to me a moderator. :D

Mitch

http://atari7800.atari.org

Hmm, I just realized that all of the moderators names begin with M and both of the admins names begin with A.

:idea:  I guess that's why I was asked to me a moderator. :D

Not to mention AtariAge (AA), Albert and Alex (AA). Now you know why the site wasn't called AtariLife or AtariMints or AtariItems or something along those lines. :)

..Al

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Is there any way to actually have multiple themes for postcounts, and have the user able to choose which theme gets used in their profile? That way, if someone gets assied "Combat Chaser" when they sign up, and don't like it, they can choose to be an "Atari Amateur" or "Spider Fighter", or whatever other lower ranks are available to them. On the flipside, if someone like Marco gets labelled a "Quadrun Questor", he can choose from the other high rankings.

--Zero

Again Im quite late on this thread, but I think this is the best idea I've heard all day, I for one am a Jaguar Perv almost exclusively, and have never heard of half the games in the rankings (actually I dont think I've heard of any of them lol). I dont like being a "Chopper Commander", and would much prefer to switch to a set of Jaguar titles, still based on rarity (unless I end up as a "Club Drive Driver" or some other terrible game like that, in which case I would turn the "opt out" option on, assuming its in place yet).

I know Im a little late on this, but I think as soon as a person gets all the joysticks possible, a system could appear under their name?

That's not a bad idea, here's a little bit more detailed idea that I just came up with...I've noticed that alot of users tend to stay in one board, IE- 2600. It would be nice if the board could track where you posted, and how many times...say if you reach 5000 posts (overall), you would receive a Fugi Icon underneath your joysticks, however, if you met a designated amount of posts in the 2600 forum you would get a 2600 system icon, same for jaguar etc etc, but if you reach the designated number of posts in say Off-Topic, you would get??? an NES top load? after all, this is an Atari Website :) This would allow other users to look at your info on the left, and not necessarily see where your expertise is, but rather where your interests lie. Of course, this idea could cause nasty little segregated "atari clans" or something like that ;) Anyways, that's just my 2 cents.

Dave

"M"

Yes they are fun and silly, but at the same time, why do I wear a Jaguar T-Shirt sometimes? Because Im a Jaguar fan, and if I am going to have a rank or badge pinned on me automatically I'd like it to reflect what I actually like, and not just be 2600 games. While Im sure the 2600 is a wonderful system, and without a doubt a cult icon, I dont happen to belong to that cult, Im a Jag Perv, a totally different breed and another, but very different technical marvel.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Did the "level of posts you make, changes your status" change? Just a couple of days ago I had 2 Joystick icons, now I'm back to one. What the hell?

No, this hasn't changed at all. You need 50 posts to reach two joystick icons, and as I write this, you have 48. It's possible that some messages you posted were deleted, either individually or in a thread that was removed, although that happens extremely rarely.

..Al

• 2 months later...