IGNORED

Dark Tower Milton Bradley game....

EricDeLee

Looking for a Dark Tower Milton Bradley game.

If you have one laying around and would like some extra cash... or a possible trade... send me an email/PM or something.

This is what I'm looking for... and it does not have to be mint. Playable... and with most of the parts...

a43c_12.JPG

168c_12.JPG

Edited by EricDeLee

I had one at one time. I went to a Goodwill auction and before i knew how valuable it was... I thought it was cool... and I saw it in a bin with a bunch of toys. Nobady placed a bid on it. So I bought it for $4. Along with the toys. I filled three garbage bags of toys .... and then I had the Dark Tower game in the Box.... Everything was there. The tower was at the bottom of the bin. everything else was in the box.

I took it to my room, checked it all out and mnade sure all pieces were there. That is when I saw how much it was worth when I looked online. Then... a drunk friend of mine walked into the room and SAT on top of the box lid... tearing two of the corners... and it was a near mint box before that. I was so pissed.

Then I sold it for $290 on ebay. I've regreted it ever since that day.

:(

I will get it again soon... hopefully. I thought about just buying a playable one. But I may go for a near mint one after all.

Are there any other really cool games like this one that i missed out on?

I am always shocked Milton Bradley doesn't re-release this game.

Especially during the LOTR hype.

Have had mine since I was 12 and still play it a few times a year.

In fact, it's set up right now for a Saturday get together.

I wish you the best of luck finding one. Even if you do have to shell out some $, it is well worth it.

Your best bet is to get a game with a non-working tower for less money. Then send the tower off for repairs.

(I know it's sort of against the rules for us non game makers to suggest ideas for games, but this would be one hell of a cool 5200 cart...) :ponder: :love:

(I know it's sort of against the rules for us non game makers to suggest ideas for games, but this would be one hell of a cool 5200 cart...) :ponder: :love:

the vectrex version is fun to play with the lights down... :)

i was lucky to find a boxed dark tower with the instruction, box insert and all the pieces for $10 at a thrift* store earlier this year. i had to clean the battery contacts and unstick the tower motor (this dark tower FAQ explains this possible easy solution to non-working towers), but it works fine now.

*more like a boutique thrift, as they were also charging $10 for a loose SMB/DH and a loose 2600 football cart. glad they didn't bother to look up dark tower... ;)

Edited by orangest

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but has anyone ever sold this as an individual cart.

I know the multi-cart has it, but it would be cool to have as a packaged deal. (overlay, box, etc.)

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but has anyone ever sold this as an individual cart.

I know the multi-cart has it, but it would be cool to have as a packaged deal. (overlay, box, etc.)

Sounds like a money maker!!!

;)

I love my Dark Tower, its one of my favorite all time games. :lust:

It's funny I just had my DT out this weekend too. I checked out that Java based Dark Tower game, and it's pretty good. Definitely the best computer port I've ever seen. I remember some horrible port way back when that actually had you eating cheeseburgers and fries for "Food" Gahhh! :-o

A friend and I had written a 98% complete version of Dark Tower for the ST back in the day, and it was fantastic, animated tower, the whole nine yards. Sadly it was abandoned because of personal crisis at the time, and eventually the code disks were lost over time. Still bugs me. :(

Anyhow - for more retro compu enhanced board game fun - check out Stop Thief! I still have my original from when I was a kid, and it's a great game too :D

• 1 month later...

Any luck?

I just played over the weekend.

My two younger brothers came over the house and we

took it out to play a game or two.

Four hours later, we decided it was the best board game ever made.

And now I have a new avatar. :cool:

Anyway, I still scour the tag sales, so if I find one, you will know first.

Thanks for the flash link too. It's a good version.

I have one that I may consider selling/trading. How much are you looking to spend? The one I got is in pretty good shape. Tower works and it's about 98% complete (missing the pegasus flag and one of the 'key' pieces I believe). Also missing the cardboard insert that holds lid to the box up. I'm pretty sure sure there's a site online that sells all those parts in case you wanted to make it 100% complete though.

Edited by norkusa

• 3 months later...