IGNORED

That was much easier : )

jedijeff

Best Buy held back their PS3 shipments for today so they could advertise it in their weekly add. I went there about 20 minutes after the store opened, walked in, only had to wait behind a guy buying a PS3 and 4 games for his son, bought mine, and walked out. No waiting in long lines in the rain before the store opens. No calling the store to find out they just sold the last one. No obnoxious salespeople talking out their a**. Just a nice and easy transaction. Patience does have its rewards. :)

Now I can finally play all the games and movies I got on sale before christmas. :D

Have a Happy New Year!

I ran by best buy in the morning to see if there was a line. No line. So I went home to sleep. Just barely managed to squeeze out of the house to get there before they closed at 6pm.

There was about 8-10 PS3 systems sitting out on the floor unpurchased. Not a wii to be seen anywhere. People are really stumbling over themselves to get one.

I didn't have much time cause the store closed in 3 minutes. But I'd say about 3-4 were 20g systems and the rest 60g. Picked up the new DS bomberman game for my wife and then left. The checkout guy just looked absolutely thrilled to be there. :lol:

When I was in best buy earlier today they had 3 PS3's left. So I presume they will likel be gone before weeks end.

PS3 hi-def cables are nowhere to be seen. I don't even know how much they cost. :lol: But I did find some Psyclone essentials component video cables for the Wii. Twenty bucks. Oddly enough walmart does not even list them on their website. Now I just need me some wii.

Edited by Shannon

PS3 hi-def cables are nowhere to be seen. I don't even know how much they cost.

You can use a regular HDMI cable, or the PS2 component cables :)

Yeah, if it wasn't for the fact that I already ordered ps2 component cables, I would have picked some up for my ps2, labeled as ps3.

I didn't know it worked via direct HDMI cable...

Yeah for some strange reason I was thinking the PS3's connector was incompatible with the PS2. I think I may have gotten that mixed up with the Wii which DOES has different connectors.

Nice that you can pick up PS2 component cables cheaper than it would be to get one labelled for the PS3.

Edited by Shannon