Here is a wrap up of my latest changes:
- Bugfix: The game with my modified source wouldn't run at all on Atari800Win, and probably most other platforms including real hardware.
- Bugfix: The title screen demo would hang if the car hit a dead end (in case of a modified map).
- Cleaned up the code a bit, removing many stray blank lines.
- Added getaway_halfdone.plf . This is taken from one of Mark Reid's original disk images and appears to be a work in progress version of the map. It's included for historical interest.
- Documented the available sound effects. Surprise surprise, there's an unused sound lurking in the data tables! It isn't actually very exciting but if you want to hear it, in the source code find the label HITDOL and two lines below it replace LDA #129 with LDA #97, and run over a dollar sign.
(Note that this release has nothing to do with the "ruined" versions from my previous comment. I wonder if anyone found them remotely amusing..)
This git repo includes a patch [..]
Hey playermissile, I'm sorry for being annoying and not cooperating with your efforts to do this properly. To be honest I've never worked with git, guess it's time to start. I will try and merge my fixes with your repo soon. I'll PM you if I need help. Thanks.