7800 Homebrew games in development
I've been a 7800 developer since April 2009 when Wasp! was announced using my "C" games development library.
This is my current list of 7800 games in development :-
Harry's Hen House
game (no release name yet) (XM mandatory)
7800 Completed homebrew games
This is the list of games that have been completed and released on cartridge :-
7800 eXpansion Module (XM)
The XM team was formed around Curt Vendel in the summer of 2010 to develop an expansion system for the Atari 7800. The XM adds the following to a stock 7800 :-
- System BIOS
- 128K of bank switched RAM
- HSC BIOS and 2K of non-volatile memory for high score game saves
- POKEY and a YM2151 for arcade quality audio
- SIO and XEGS keyboard connectors for A8 peripheral compatibility (software required)
- NES like mappers
- PIA (optional) for internal custom expansion
The XM can be purchased from the Legacy Engineering Group store
. For more information on its development click here
and for a list of games, click here
7800 BBC Micro game ports
First developer to port a BBC Micro home computer game to the 7800.
Development thread for Tempest
(WIP) (XM mandatory)
Christmas 2012 eCard
7800 Graphics modes
- 4 colour changes per scan line in 2BPP.
- 169 colours on screen at once.
7800 Game programming tools
- A utility that converts ProSystem emulator *.sav files into human readable form. It will also analyse the Display List List (DLL) entries and Display List (DL) "headers".
- A utility for displaying all 256 colours on a 7800 simultaneously.
- A *.gif containing the colours taken from ProSystem.
7800 Game cartridge availability
You can purchase Wasp! from the AA store here
You can purchase Worm! from the AA store here
7800 Game reviews
Wasp! was reviewed in edition 66 of Retro Gamer here
and scored 72%.
Worm! was reviewed in edition 76 of Retro Gamer here
and scored 79%.
Miscellaneous PC utilities
- Handles data upload and download to SaveKeys.
- Atari 5200 Ultimate SD Cartridge Manual Mangler.
- PlayStation controller interface.
Mattel Intellivision games in development
These are my current Intellivision games in development :-
AC2013 - Speed coding contest
Mars mini games
Atari Jaguar games in development
This are my current Jaguar game in development :-
Atari Jaguar tech demos
Fractal generated terrain and voxel landscape :-
Mars Rover demo