I live in Fresno, Texas, part of the Houston metropolitan area. I write software for a private company in the space industry. Our software suite is used to design space craft, such as MESSENGER, which is currently in orbit around Mercury.
I'm into classic computers and consoles and have the following systems:
- Amiga CD32
- Amiga 2000HD
- Atari VCS Heavy Sixer
- Atari VCS Light Sixer modified with a CyberTech S-Video/Stereo
- Atari 7800
- Coleco Galaxian
- Commodore VIC-20
- Commodore 64
- Commodore 128
- Sega Nomad (handheld Genesis)
- Virtual Boy
Modern systems include:
- Mac Pro 2013, 6-core Intel Xeon E5 with dual AMD FirePro D500
- Mac mini, late 2012. Used as a DVR. I cancelled DirecTV and use it, with some networked HDTV tuners, to drive my HDTV. Saved over $1400 the first year
- Nintendo 3DS XL
- Sony Playstation 2
- Sony Playstation 3
I've written five homebrew games for the Atari VCS, and have a number of other games in various stages of development.
- 2006 - Medieval Mayhem, an updated version of Warlords
- 2007 - Stay Frosty, one of the games in Stella's Stocking
- 2012 - Space Rocks, an updated version of Asteroids
- 2014 - Collect, a 2K game used to demonstrate how to write a game for the Atari 2600.
- 2014 - Stay Frosty 2, original code name "Chun-Li". A demo version has been made available. Check my blog for The Story of Stay Frosty 2
- in progress - Frantic, an updated version of Bezerk/Frenzy
- in progress - Draconian, a port of Bosconian
- in progress - Collect 2, a used to demonstrate how to write a DPC+ ARM game (like Space Rocks and Stay Frosty 2) for the Atari 2600
- in limbo - Timmy!, a project for Think Geek that fell thru due management shakeup. May return as a different project.
- in limbo - Project Retro, code name for a speculative project. I'm a supporting programmer for this project.