I live in Fresno, Texas, part of the Houston metropolitan area. I write software for a private company in the space industry. Our software suite is used to design space craft, such as MESSENGER
, which is currently in orbit around Mercury.
I'm into classic computers and consoles and have the following systems:
- Amiga CD32
- Amiga 2000HD
- Atari VCS Heavy Sixer
- Atari VCS Light Sixer modified with a CyberTech S-Video/Stereo
- Atari 7800
- Commodore VIC-20
- Commodore 128
- Sega Nomad (a handheld Genesis)
- Virtual Boy
I've written a few homebrew games for the Atari VCS and have a few more in the pipeline
- 2006 - Medieval Mayhem, an updated version of Warlords
- 2007 - Stay Frosty, one of the games in Stella's Stocking
- 2012 - Space Rocks, an updated version of Asteroids
- in progress - Frantic, an updated version of Bezerk/Frenzy
- in progress - "Chun-Li", code name for an upcoming game
- in limbo - "Cat Food", code name for a speculative project. May return as a different project.
- in limbo - Project Retro, code name for a speculative project. I'm a supporting programmer for this project.
I've also started learning Z80 so I can write a homebrew for the ColecoVision.