You are purchasing a pre-order copy of Speedball 2, which we expect to ship in July.
See below for more details.
Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe
It's been two years since the last ball was thrown on a Speedball pitch. There are new teams, new stadia, and new rules. The arena is bigger, the players are tougher, and the action is faster than ever before.
The challenge is this: take control of Brutal Deluxe, the worst team in Speedball history, and turn them into champions.
Speedball 2 is a different ball game!
Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe is a video game based on a violent futuristic cyberpunk sport that draws on elements of handball and ice hockey, and rewards violent play as well as goals. The concept of the game is very reminiscent of the 1975 film Rollerball. The original game was developed by Bitmap Brothers and is one of their most successful titles. Speedball 2 is a sequel to the 1988 game Speedball.
Originally released for the Atari ST in 1990, Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe has been ported to a variety of additional systems, including the Acorn Archimedes, Amiga, Amiga CD32, PC, Commodore 64, Sega Mega Drive, Sega Master System, Game Boy and Game Boy Advance. And now in 2019, Speedball 2 has finally made it's way to the Atari Jaguar!
According to the game's story, the first Speedball league (founded in 2095) fails due to violence and corruption. As the organization gives place to anarchy the game is forced underground, but five years later, in an attempt to regain public interest, Speedball 2 is born. The game starts in 2105 with the emergence of a new team, Brutal Deluxe.
Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe is our very first 6MB Atari Jaguar game cartridge. Most Jaguar cartridges are either 2MB or 4MB in size.
- Knockout: This takes you into a match against the computer. In a knockout game you face a series of ever tougher matches and will continue playing until you lose. It is a way of familiarizing yourself with the action without having to take part in a League or Cup competition.
- League: When playing in league mode, each season will last 14 weeks (games). If you finish in first place you enter a play-off against the team second from the bottom in Division 1. Finish last and the shame will haunt you for the rest of your career!
- Cup: This is a knockout tournament which consists of four rounds. In each round you play one match over two legs. If you draw you will play a decider game.
- Practice: This is an instant game, except there are no opposing players. It's just your team, the ball and as much time as you need to perfect those trick shots and passes.
- One or Two players
- Demo Mode allows you to watch the Jaguar play Speedball 2
- Game Types: Knockout, League, Cup, and Practice (see above for details)
- Team Manager mode where you play as manager and the Jaguar controls the team on the pitch
- Cartridge supports saving your current game so you can continue it later
- Our first 6MB Atari Jaguar cartridge! Most Jaguar carts are 2MB or 4MB in size
The standard Speedball 2 cartridge is dark gray, but you can upgrade your cart to a translucent red or clear shell for $5. To do so, select the cartridge option you're interested in at the top of the page.
Speedball 2 includes a professionally printed, full-color box, a full-color manual and game cartridge.
You are purchasing a pre-order copy of Speedball 2. This means your copy of Speedball 2 will not ship until physical production of the game is complete. We expect to ship Speedball 2 in July.
If you place an order for Speedball 2 that includes other items, you will receive those items with Speedball 2 when it ships. If you want those items sooner, please place a separate order for them.
If you have any questions about the pre-order process, please feel free to contact us.