• Days Won

Beeblebrox last won the day on November 24 2023

Beeblebrox had the most liked content!

4 Followers

Profile Information

• Interests
    Atari 8 Bit, VR gaming, Cycling, Woodworking

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

Beeblebrox's Achievements

River Patroller

River Patroller (8/9)

1. Yup, as above. Defo get rid of mtram. Socket and pop in some other brand. Hopefully that will be the only issue. Can be other things but ram is the first fix here. Edit in a rush but have a look here for ref to equivalent drams to use :
  2. Post the game images you have tried here and others can have a go on their rigs. Also, have you tried in Altirra with incognito emulated? As suggested try Colleen mode.
  3. No need to slim down. Just put them in folders and subfolders with no more than files 250 in each.
  4. I use irfanview all the time, never noticed. It always resizes to 320x 240 or 320x200 respectively. Great conversion by the way. Edit make sure you have preserve aspect ratio Unchecked when resizing. That could be your problem.
  5. Correct, see page 8 of the loader quick ref: https://atari8.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/Loader-Quick-Reference.pdf 250 limit.
  6. sure. I've never seen a stock PAL XE witha good output. The 800s video circuit is very good in general. in my experience with 100s of PAL a8 I've had, (little experience with NTSC A8s) IMHO it pretty much goes like this in terms of stock video quality: 600xl best (pal has rf and composite but needs chroma hooking up for svideo).Ntsc machines only have rf, (no din5 jack). 800 2nd best (has rf, composite and svideo) 1200xl (has rf, composite and svideo and a boosted colour circuit iirc) 800xl - has rf and composite (stock ones, which aren't xlf machines (Freddie chips in xlf) will not have chroma hooked up. XEGS (only has rf and composite) XE lines (65XE/130XE/800XE) has rf and composite as well as svideo but quality is generally poor in XE lines as Atari scrimped on quality. 400 just rf, no din5 May differ with NTSC models. The 800s video circuit is very good in general. It pretty much goes like this in terms of stock video quality:600xl best (pal has rf and composite but needs chroma hooking up for svideo). Ntsc machines only have rf, (no din5 jack).800 2nd best (has rf, composite and svideo)1200xl (has rf, composite and svideo and a boosted colour circuit iirc)800xl - has rf and composite (stock ones, which aren't xlf machines (Freddie chips in xlf) will not have chroma hooked up.XEGS (only has rf and composite)XE lines (65XE/130XE/800XE) has rf and composite as well as svideo but quality is generally poor in XE lines as Atari scrimped on quality.400 just rf, no din5
  7. Na, aside 400 rf output, XE (pal) stock video is the worst on balance. Had hundreds of XE pal machines and stock composite video is by far the worst. (Again rf on these obviously is bad so excluding that).
  8. R45. Could be. Not near the 1200xl at the mo and it's been 2 years.
  9. Iirc yes, it's a case of hooking up chroma, although I believe (don't quote me here) it might involve a little more. How about adding a ugv, spectreav or uav and hooking it up to the din5 jack? My 1200xl, which I've not touched for 2 years, had chroma restored and a spectreAv added. I am planning on adding a sophia 2 in there, (but with a 3d printed dvi mount so I don't mod the case.
  10. Interesting. Would the likes of Rewind demo run, and how would the colour pallette display?
  11. but then you'll lose compatibility for all those PAL specific games and demos! ;( No more REWIND demo!!
  12. Not surprised. I've had failing pokey chips which cannot be used as a main chip in an A8, but as a secondary pokey in a stereo upgrade it will work fine as the sound functionality is fine. I never chuck any of my pokeys away for that reason, and my lil stash of pokey chips hopefully means most of my machines will have spares where it's inevitably needed.
  13. I am still hoping for something similar to PG's mockup, which would look really cool:
  14. Solo/ng's Sept post had the teaser screenshots of the weapons on screen, so this is definitely in the pipeline, but no news as yet: I'd imagine weapon animation and general FPS speed optimization is the focus.