Thomas Jentzsch and I had a brief discussion about the snowman's movement:
I'd like the snowman's movement a bit more "realistic" (e.g. with a bit acceleration and inertia).
Hmm, hadn't thought about that. Any sample source you can suggest for me to take a look at?
Revisions to the movement would start a few days later and would undergo a number of iterations to get it just right.
I added some playfield color changes so the ice blocks would match Nathan's mockups (as seen in part 1), and did a number of other changes:
Changes since prior build:
- "8" levels (variations for testing, not official levels)
- elevator platforms lift/lower Frosty
- sliding platforms move Frosty & fireballs
- preliminary sound
- ice melting rate dependent upon time of day
- colored ice
- scoring - 10 points per ice block, less for melted ice block
This update lead to this response from Nathan:
You just made my day!
Wow! Incredible progress! It's almost surreal seeing something that started out as a mere Photoshop mockup actually running in Stella! I'm psyched!
which likewise made my day