Jump to content
  • entries
    4,052
  • comments
    2,453
  • views
    1,743,741

.orgfill

Sign in to follow this  
atari2600land

26 views

I was working on Frank the Fruit Fly making sure the passwords worked right. I tried level 3. I got four screens in when it started acting weird:

136ftff.png.894104b64b2163f271ea0c7e801e31de.png

So I went through the code and determined that the cause was code placement. I tried for about an hour trying to move code and stuff. I then remembered about the .orgfill statement. Perhaps that could help. So I tried putting that in the code in various spots. It worked. It also made my code 40kb larger. When I get all done adding levels, I will go back and test levels to make sure everything in the game works.


    pm_align_spr
        
player2:
    .incbin frankspriteslevel2m.bin        
player3:
    .incbin frankspriteslevel3f.bin    
player0:
    .incbin frankspriteslevel1b.bin    
player4:
    .incbin frankspriteslevel4h.bin
player5:
    .incbin frankspriteslevel5g.bin    

    
    .orgfill 0x10000   

The statement is at line 1,622. There are 16,603 lines in the whole code. I have no other .orgfill statements. The player statements store the sprites I use for each level. I am worried that this might just be a temporary fix though. I have no idea where one bunch of code stops and where another one starts. So right now I'm hoping that this holds together well.

Sign in to follow this  


0 Comments


Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...