WORKED ON THE Four-Play tune again last night: FourPlaySong20060821.bin
Made a little progress with parts of it and...ugh. Feel like I went mostly backwards.
My current music driver allows the use of 4 tones (AUDCx values) for notes (an additional four are assigned to the percussion track). I'm mostly using just three: square, lead, and saw. I am using the bass tone a little bit and I thought I could cut that part out and reclaim that 4th tone for an additional percussion sound.
Well, suffice to say that an hour later I decided that it wasn't going to work and had to change everything back to what it was originally.
Did spruce up some of the drum parts and polished the other half of the bass line a little.
Everything takes longer than I think it is going to.
In other news, since Reindeer Rescue is the HSC game this week I played a few games last night - got to the fourth level, but couldn't pass it. Maybe tonight.
Also did some more preliminary planning for my next 2600 project. I'm forcing myself to hold off on any actual coding until I finish the Four-Play tune - maybe that way I'll get it done on time.
(And man, I'm getting sick of the display with these music binaries...time to change that up, too.)