It has been nearly a year since I updated this blog, and just about as long since I did any Atari programming. However, things are a bit quieter for me at the moment and I decided to write a text kernel as a way to refresh my 6507 programming knowledge. My first attempt is attached to this message and is an extension of the Juno First title screen technique in my previous blog entry. The screen-shot below shows the results - I have managed to get 12 lines of nearly flicker-free text (24-chars wide) on the screen:
I would be happy with this if it weren't for a much better text kernel that supercat posted recently, which gets nearly twice as many lines of text on-screen. As a result, I'm going to try to improve this code to see if I can squeeze in a few more lines. I'll post the results here if I manage to make any improvements.