I have been slowly working my way through the Juno First to-do list that I posted in the last entry. The SaveKey support turned out to be a real pain to get right. Fortunately I managed to unearth my Krok Cart from storage, but it was still very difficult to find the bugs. However, the game now has working SaveKey and AtariVox support (fingers crossed). There is a little bit of AtariVox speech at the beginning and end of every game, and the high score table is stored on the SaveKey.
I have attached the latest version of the game to this message. The main changes this time are:
- Setting the Player 0 DIFFICULTY to A speeds up firing and limits the number of consecutive shots to 5.
- Pressing SELECT in the game takes you to the next wave (just for testing).
- Sky changes colour, and flashes when nearing the end of hyperspace.
- Removed the flickering colours in hyperspace.
- Hyperspace scoring should be fixed.
- Collision detection should be improved.
- PAL60 colour support added.
- SaveKey support enabled.
- AtariVox speech added.
My plan is to post a beta version on the Homebrew forum in the next week or so for testing. The only things left to do before then are to add a load more waves and a few more sound effects. As usual, let me know if you find any problems in the game, particularly any screen rolls.