Star Castle is basically feature complete now, so here is the first release candidate for testing.
Please note that you must upgrade to the latest Stella 3.6.1
The main changes this time are:
- New sound effects by LS_Dracon
- Title screen music by Kulor
- High score table (will only work on Harmony cart)
- Improved collision detection
- Different ring colours on each wave
During the game, the following can be changed:
- Pressing SELECT will skip to the next wave (this is for testing and will be removed in the final version).
- Setting the LEFT DIFFICULTY to A will cause the ring segments to be destroyed with 1 hit (instead of 2).
- Setting the RIGHT DIFFICULTY to A will cause the ship to be destroyed by the rings (instead of bouncing off).
I'm still trying to figure out the Harmony CU bankswitching format - I'll post up a Harmony version once this is done.
Please let me know if anything is broken, buggy, or just plain annoying!
EDIT: Harmony version now available. Make sure that you have BIOS 1.05 on your Harmony cart, then unzip and drop the starRC1.cu file onto your SD card. Note that the high score table is not stored to flash in this version, so it will be deleted when you switch off your Atari.
EDIT2: Alternative ring colours version: star_altcols.zip