Blogs

ReCAPing Nostaligia Computer or Console

A ways back I asked for better schematics for the ADAM and I didn't get the best answer out there. This is not about knocking anyone this is about fixing your ADAM or making it better. I have yet to find this on Atari Age and it may actually be somewhere but here it is from me. https://console5.com/wiki/Coleco_Adam   This is just a link I found that offers better resolution schematics as well as a Cap list if you want to recap your Coleco ADAM. Not sure as far as ac

Mike Harris

Mike Harris

Dragonfly in the game

Been working on lots of stuff. First I worked on Golf for the channel f. e5frog alerted me to a few problems he was having. I made it so hitting the ball into a tree costs you a penalty stroke. I have also been working on Frank the Fruit Fly, getting the dragonfly to appear in the game.   Pokemon Mini sprites can be a maximum size of 16x16 pixels. Since the two dragonfly sprites when put together were 32x17, I had to do more code to make sure it wouldn't bounce up and down. I had to pu

atari2600land

atari2600land

Shadowgate 64 would have made a good Jaguar game

Just got done finishing up Shadowgate 64 with the help of a walkthrough guide. I got about half-way through the game before getting completely stuck, so I needed some help. It's a fun little game, but it's so primitive, and I couldn't help but think this would have been a great game for the Jaguar. I'm not even sure the graphics would have taken a big hit, maybe it would have to be a JagCD game, but I think it would have been almost the same as the Nintendo 64 version.    Funny thing i

Nuclear Pacman

Nuclear Pacman

Switched On Pokey - Epilogue

My Catch-22:  If I knew what I know now, I am not sure I would have started this project.  But If I didn't start this project, I would not have learned what I know now.   It seems like it has taken forever to finish the tracks but I'm not sure when it started.  In October 2018 the prologue was written; that's only 10 months.  If you consider I started experimenting with programing MIDI, it started when "Computer Blues" was modified to output midi commands through the 850's RS232 port;

k-Pack

k-Pack

Classic music

I like listening classic music from time in time but I won't spend all day listening to them.   Most radio stations play any kind of songs except classic music.   For some reason, listening classic music for me is more like listening silent movies even if classic music is more older than movies.     My favourites are: Chopin, Mozart, Tchaïkovski, Strauss and others.

Serguei2

Serguei2

Frank the Fruit Fly update - second one of July 2019

I have been so busy working on Golf for the Channel F that I decided for a change of pace to work on something else. I decided for a challenge, to make the numbers in the password letters, so it resembles an actual passWORD (instead of passnumber). The part I had forgotten was before I actually used to write the word on level 2's intro screen instead of making it the entered entry. Which I guess doesn't make much sense. How would you know it if you got to level 2 and didn't know it before? I'm s

atari2600land

atari2600land

Espial (Tigervision)

We’re back again with Tigervision and what might just be the best box art on the 2600; yes there can be no other its Espial. An obscure console game published by an obscure company (at the time) based on an obscure arcade machine it is positively slated for success. I dunno, it seems Tigervision had a deal with both Orca Group and Sierra On-Line to publish their games for them on the 2600, it all seems rather strange and since we don’t know who actually programmed the game it is entirely possibl

DoctorSpuds

DoctorSpuds

S.O.P. Track 12 - Brandenburg Concerto No. 3 In G Major-3rd Movement

Since the Switched On Bach album was released in 1968 and the Atari 800 was introduced in 1979, it seemed fitting that I would should start with the 1979 Atari and fade into the 1990 Yamaha TG-33.     Brandonburg #3 third move.mp3   NOTES: Music File origin:   Sheet Music VBURGM3.MUS for Atari RECORD.MUS  for TG-33 RECORD.INF    for TG-33 channel assignments                        Control Computer: 130XE       Sequencer Software:  MIDI Music Sys

k-Pack

k-Pack

S.O.P. Track 11 - Brandenburg Concerto No. 3 In G Major-2nd Movement

Bach had the idea to write the second movement  as 2 cords in one measure.  Some believe that it was a place holder and Bach was going to finish the second movement at a later date and others say it provided a musician a starting point for improvisation.   Wendy Carlos created a track that had me thinking her efforts were directly influenced by Bach's spirit.  I'm not so lucky (or maybe your not so lucky).   I took the notes of the cords and arranged them in sequence to produ

k-Pack

k-Pack

Feeding My Atari #9

Feeding My Atari #9

Not many games this time around, in fact just 2. Both were purchased here at AtariAge. My latest order contained the following ...   Froggie (7800) Tooth Protectors (2600) Seagull 78 Controller Adapter   With Froggie I ordered the version without the POKEY chip, but I believe it supports XM sound. Not quite sure what that is, but I suspect it refers to supporting a 7800 Mod which replicates POKEY sound. I got the Box Upgrade. I usually do when it's an avail

cessnaace

cessnaace

Cruizin' GameSpace - Switch Launch is Hot Stuff - July 2019

Saw this cool article for the Switch release of Bubsy:Paws on Fire! and thought I'd share it here...   https://www.gamespace.com/all-articles/news/bubsy-paws-on-fire-nintendo-switch-launch-trailer-is-hot-stuff/   Bubsy: Paws on Fire! is about to arrive on Nintendo Switch and publisher Accolade has dropped a brand new launch trailer ahead of the game’s release on 28 August. The upcoming return of the fiesty orange bobcat is not the first time that this retro icon ha

doctorclu

doctorclu

Challenging Google

Albert, the owner of Atariage, said Google (and other search sites) could show screenshots from my club.     Yeah! Google found a picture from "the official Robin Gravel's club".   Actually, it's a banner from the main club page where everybody can see anyway.   But can Google find my pictures from my topics/blogs inside my club?   Only the time will tell.

Serguei2

Serguei2

Back from VayCay

I just got back from visiting my 108 year old Aunt up north. Oddly enough she looks like she will make 109. It seems I missed out on the new ADE Pro from John Lundy so I decided to make my own by ordering the parts on Amazon. I have a complete set of parts for 4 units which costs under 90 buckazoids.  Hats off to those who make and sell them for $130 a piece. I own two MicroFox VD's which if my plans work out I will end up selling on EBay. I also picked up a Mean Well RQ-50B powe

Mike Harris

Mike Harris

Wall Ball (Avalon Hill)

Wall Ball (Avalon Hill)

Okay so… When it comes to video games, or ideas in general, Original doesn’t always mean good. Sometimes it’s down to the execution of said idea, or the idea was just stupid in the first place. The realm, pertaining to gaming, where you see this most often in with game controllers, we’ve all seen some strange homunculus creature in the hands of some poor child who thinks they’re just bad at the game, but it also happens with games as well. Back when video games were a new media anything was poss

DoctorSpuds

DoctorSpuds

Grizeline gave birth.

I just discovered my cat gave birth.      I can't tell when Grizeline gave birth.   Mom knows where to hide her kitties.   I think it's three kitties from the picture.   How cute. 😍   But we have to deal with these new cats too.

Serguei2

Serguei2

AdvII XE testing

I'm putting the final touches on this long delayed project., so here is the first summer '19 status report. I tested on my real XEGS hardware to ensure no game-ruining bugs!     Didn't find any!  Although that ranking seems too high based on how many times I got devoured and how many minutes I took to beat it ...     I take notes of which variation I play , the end stats, and the ranking given. I'll review them after a few weeks and see if I need to tweak the rankings logic. It's not a

Cafeman

Cafeman

Pressure washer art?

It always amazes me the GUNK that sticks to our cement and brick  walkway slabs in 1 year.  Every year I spend a full day pressure-washing all these front & back, and also my pool deck which has composite decking but still accumulates dirt that needs to be washed off.   This year I had a little drawing fun before cleaning them all off.   This isn't chalk on cement;  the dark parts are slime, the bright parts what it looks like after the pressure wash water cleans it off.   

Cafeman

Cafeman

Feeding My Atari (and NES) #8

Feeding My Atari (and NES) #8

Atari 2600   @Good Deal Games 2nd Dimension, The Atom Smasher   (Case; #73 of 100) Clyde's Revenge   Nintendo Entertainment System   @RetroUSB Assimilate   (Boxed) Beat 'Em and Eat 'Em More Glider   (Boxed) Solaris   (Boxed)   AtariAge has also shipped an order, which should arrive shortly.   While the Good Deal Games store is currently closed technically, they are still excepting, processing, and shipping order

cessnaace

cessnaace