Blogs

Strips, Cards, Manuals, Labels, 3D Objects & More! - Updated (05/24/2020)

This is not my usual blog entry. This is more of a CHEAT SHEET to links that can be hard to find of downloadable books, manuals, keyboard strips, reference cards, etc. Clicking on the links will take you to the message where the item is available for download. Added  "ARTWORK" category near the bottom.   3D PRINTER FILES   32K & TIPI Case CF7+ 3D Case    CartShells Speech Synthesizer Enclosure Texas Instruments LOGO Coaster   Of

INVISIBLE

INVISIBLE

Triggered by historical inaccuracies! [Spoiler Alert]

I just had to blog this. But spoiler alerts are due. So, if you haven't watched Seasons 3 or 4 of The Last Kingdom and intend watching it, feel free to come back later.   I love historical shows and movies. An extreme example of what I've witnessed in The Last Kingdom was the Starz show, Black Sails. This was where the writers came up with a historical setting and shoehorned characters from books and actual historical pirates into the show. It was never intended to be historically accu

Tickled_Pink

Tickled_Pink

Jaguar mood

Today I'm in the mood for the 64 bits of powa. I worked on Zyx Game Collection #1 even though it has practically no chance of getting released ever. I wonder if Songbird would like to? Just to make sure my Jaguar worked, I plugged it in, plugged the cord to my TV, and pressed the button. The power light didn't light up. So I tried again. Nothing. I was beginning to think my Jaguar had died after each attempt. I unplugged it, made sure the power strip was plugged in, made sure it was plugged in f

atari2600land

atari2600land

How fast is Bubsy??

How fast is Bubsy??

For so many years, Bubsy fans wondered: how fast is Bubsy the Bobcat? Well, I've finally cracked the code! I've finally discovered how fast he is and I'm happy to show you all.   So here we go:   First, we have to know, how to calculate speed. Which is easy to calculate by dividing distance with time.   For this problem, we'll use Bubsy in Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind, level 1. Why?   1. I chose his first game, because in other Bubs

Busby the Bobcat

Busby the Bobcat

New PC - now with Windows 10!

One side effect of trying to install SteamOS is realizing doing the base install & updates while hardwired is a pretty good idea.  However, I did take the advice of JayZ and disconnect the PC from the network for the initial install to avoid having the Admin user tied to an email address.  I've also created individual normal users for each member of the family.   The actual Windows 10 install & update went smoothly.    Then came the big test - I installed Steam, CS:GO

EricBall

EricBall

The process of getting stupid

Or perhaps it's just a case of using too much brain power. I finally solved the last 4 puzzles of Polarium on the DS. Without using a cheat sheet. I was so frustrated back then that I had to resort to one back when it was new. But now, only using hints, I solved the last 4 puzzles. I was trying to get some good ideas for my 1-Line game I was making for the Atari 2600. I got this one idea, and so I tested it and solved it, but now I can't solve it again. Nor can I the other 3 puzzles I made. But

atari2600land

atari2600land

MidSpace update (part 2)

I found out that if I left the missile in and you shot the enemy and a new one came from the other direction, the missile would switch directions. So I had to take that out. Now it's back to disappearing once the enemy gets shot. I did a lot more bug fixing and stuff and I think I have just about completed it. I had to set the # of lives you start with to 3 (it was dependent on other code.) I have to group things together to save on bytes because I only have 1 byte left. Even though I had to get

atari2600land

atari2600land

Games of the Century

As you may remember, I decided some time ago that the easiest way to build my Atari 2600 Game collection is to do it one publisher at a time. Publishers completed so far:   MenAVision   1 game. Ultra Rare. So what I own is a Reproduction purchased through the AtariAge Store Mythicon   3 games. All suck!   Next on the agenda is 20th Century-Fox ("Games of the Century"). Below is a list of all of the Fox/Sirius games. Those in Bold are already part of my collection. Those

cessnaace

cessnaace

How I Found Out About Redlettermedia

It was the morning memorial day 2019, I got up to make some food when I took the wrong turn and knee when out and back into place, making me fall on the floor in horrible pain. I somehow got to my bedroom when Redlettermedia's Jack and Jill review was playing. I watched most of it, but I was in too much pain to go back to sleep, so I used my wooden practice katana as a makeshift cane and struggled to get to the medicine cabinet and get some anacin.   After getting back to my room, I bu

Magmavision2000

Magmavision2000

MidSpace update

So I have been working hard on MidSpace lately, along with a couple of other 2600 projects. I've made some changes that I think improve the game. Mainly bug fixes and stuff. But I did make one change that is kind of important.   When you shot an enemy food, its missile went away. I thought that shouldn't happen, at least it wouldn't in real life (if some rocket was stuck in space with laser shooting foods attacking you). So I changed it. The missile does not disappear when you shoot an

atari2600land

atari2600land

Replacing the APC BP24BPG external battery with 870-2183 (RBC-33) harness

The APC BackUPS Pro 1500VA UPS, model BR1500G, has an external battery port on its back.  This port is interfaces with the BP24BPG, which is a 24V external battery pack holding four 9Ah or 7.5Ah 12V sealed lead-acid (SLA) batteries.  These batteries are identical to the two which are in the UPS, itself, but in 2x2 series-parallel configuration, giving 24V.   The external battery pack looks like, is the same size, and costs just as much as the UPS: $180 new from APC and most retailers.

OLD CS1

OLD CS1

Frank the fruit fly: Fireplace

So while Frank is in this house, he discovers the fireplace. I tried to make the fire flicker, like it was when I was attempting to display it, but to no avail. I finally got to sleep even though it felt like there was something in my eye. It still feels that way. Anyway, before I went to sleep, I was working on this even though I was really sleepy. So if Frank moves to the right side of the screen, you'll find that it won't automatically move to the next screen. So how do you clear i

New PC - lessons learned (updated)

I've bought a new primary computer to replace the current one - a late 2013 27" iMac.  The iMac has been a great computer and for the most part not being able to use it to run Windows apps has been offset by being able to run MacOS apps.  Plus it gave me the opportunity to develop an iOS app.  And it has a really nice 27" 2560x1440 screen.   The problem is games.  I've been playing CS:GO's Danger Zone mode and putting up videos on YouTube for over a year and have been getting comments

EricBall

EricBall

Can't Sleep

I take clonidine to manage both my anxiety and my insomnia, unfortunately, I haven't been able to get a refill on it so for the past week or so I've been feeling the effects of not taking it.   The effects started a couple of days ago when it felt like my veins were being shocked. Clonidine is a blood pressure pill so I thought maybe it was my blood pressure going up, turns out my blood pressure was fine. Thankfully, my anxiety has died down considerably since I started taking clonidin

Semester is Over

Ohhh... finally! The semester is over. My final paper for the semester has finally been turned in... 2 days and 30min late... but it is in.   And I never want to take another class ever again... at least not a class that is taught online, but is supposed to be in a classroom.   I'm so sick of being stuck at home.   That said, the semester is over, my 2600 "testcart" cartridge arrived in the mail yesterday, so I'm ready to continue development.   All the ch

Busy

So now I have a ton of projects going simultaneously. Every day, I pick which one I'm going to work on. Frank the Fruit Fly (Pokemon Mini) Hamburgers En Route to Switzerland 2 (Game Gear) Craig the Cranberry (Virtual Boy) 4-mula (Atari 2600) Frog Crossing (Channel F) The first two are about 50% complete, but the other three I just started on, so it will take a while for them to get done. Rev announced the Peter the Pea game (f.k.a. Pea-Man). I was glad

4-mula

Steve Jenkins has an enormous problem. He was from the 3-up corporation and successfully obtained the formula for 4-up from the 4-up corporation (this is before the days of 7-up). But now he can't get out of the place! Seems the 4-up corporation planned for someone like Steve to break in and get the secret formula because robots and other stuff have blocked his path. How will Steve ever get out of the 4-up HQ alive? "4-mula" is a game I started on the Atari 2600 using batari Basic ove
Bought Shiny Pinball Balls From Amazon

Bought Shiny Pinball Balls From Amazon

(As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I get commissions for purchases made through certain links.)   I've been planning on making a computer pinball game since around 1985. First it was going to be on the VIC-20, then the Commodore 64, then the Amiga 500, and now the Atari 2600. Maybe this time I'll really do it with some help:   atariage.com/forums/topic/270373-realistic-pinball-physics-on-the-atari-2600/   Anyway, I've been wanting to own a re