Blogs

Cleaning out the homebrew folders

I tend to save information forever. I've had various notebooks and folders in my garage's filing cabinet , the info is all from 2001 through 2011.  Today I decided to dig out the folders , keep what might still be useful, and pitch the rest. All of the paper had a slight musty smell.   All these were in the top drawer of the file cabinet;  the bottom draw has all my guitar tablature magazines, some from the 80's (remember Guitar for the Practicing Musician anybody?). I'll be going through those

Cafeman

Cafeman

Trimerous (Channel F) update - 7/8/2020

There will be 2 dozen copies for sale. You'll get a Trimerous cartridge complete with lovely labels and instruction booklet in a lovely box. It's not ready yet. I will make a for sale thread for the game in the Marketplace forum when I am ready. I don't know when I will be ready. It may be a couple weeks or a couple months. Anyway, I want to thank e5frog for making all this possible. This isn't possible without him.   I actually woke up at a sane time (4 a.m.) It took some effort to st

atari2600land

atari2600land

Arcade Archives Reviews: Karate Champ

(Changed the name of the series to better suit some reviews)   Karate Champ is a 1984 arcade fighting game released originally by Data East. In the game, you play as a Karateka who starts out sparring with his dojo (I believe, it could also be a dojo raid) and then you go to the big leagues and fight on national television!   The game simulates point-based fighting unlike most modern fighting games and is rather slow as you need to calculate every strike or else you'l

Magmavision2000

Magmavision2000

(New Blog Series) Arcade Archives Recommendations

I absolutely love this series (you probably already know since I can't stop talking about it here!), but some of the games they released should've just stayed in the arcade. So I'm going to make a series of entries where I will see whether or not a game is worth the price tag. I will be rating them between 1-10 (0 if it's really bad).   Now, before I start reviewing stuff, I'll give you an explanation of what Arcade Archives is:   Arcade Archives is a series of re-released ar

Magmavision2000

Magmavision2000

Raindrops keep falling on my cranberry

Working on Quest of the Cranberry for the Channel F again. I had to change an important aspect of the game: The way the raindrops fall. Discovered that raindrops falling off screen are bad. So instead of them falling slanted, to make it easier on myself, I made them fall straight down. This way I could control the x position of each raindrop better. I also made the raindrops' x positions random instead of in a pattern. Well, as random as the Channel F (and my programming skills) can get. And sin

atari2600land

atari2600land

12. Trivias

12. Trivias

1.) The same cast made The Moo Family Holiday Hoe-Down (1992). The same Director, same Producers, same Production (Calico Entertainment), same Musicians, same Art Director… It even has close to have the same voiceactors. But Neil Ross wasn't in it and Brian Cummings was in it.           2.) In Super Bubsy version, they mention "What could possibly go wrong?" phrase 10 times (Bubsy says 8 times, Arnold says 2 times) but in TV version, they cut some of them and they menti
11. Mistakes on scenes

11. Mistakes on scenes

This has some mistakes on scenes.   1.) Animation errors Yea, every cartoon has some animation errors,even the best ones. And this one has a lot of them. But some of them are not noticeable, so it's not important, but some of them are big.    Some of them are coloured wrong: Arnold's blue hands     Bubsy's orange feet Teresa's new shirt!  Nephews' grey mouth Buzz's purple head    
10. Footage's origins

10. Footage's origins

Bubsy Pilot used 9 old footages, that we're borrowed from Archive Film and even from NASA.   They we're used:   1.) When Terry and Teresa ask Bubsy "Why do you wanna test it (Virtual reality helmet), uncle Bubsy?"      Then Bubsy explains why:   "Because I am brave.." Then it shows the footage of a brave man, who stops cannonball by his stomach. This is Frank Richards (1887-1969), who was an American carnival and vaudeville performer and mostly

Mr. Boehm - PCB Design Complete

David finally completed the path layout for the Mr. Boehm PCB. Attached is a PDF, PNG, and 3D render in PNG version of it.   He has also completed a set of Gerber files ready to be sent to a manufacturer.   PCBWay gave him a quote of $85 for five PCB's with all parts soldered to the board, which I don't think is too bad. $17 per PCB for only ordering 5, I think is pretty reasonable.   However, before we send them off to be manufactured, I'm going to post several des

good bye to the blog

I will no longer be updating this blog as I'm spending my time with my HTTPS://TI99RESOURCES.WORDPRESS.COM which is a database of things TI99 and it's related retro-computers,  https://centraltexasretrocomputer.org/  our local retro computer club and up coming projects. in the near future I will be deleting this blog all together.  thanks for the views. HLO

hloberg

hloberg

9. Products

9. Products

Even when the Pilot failed, there still some products of it. However, they are really really rare. So they are only one picture of every product.    A picture of Bubsy standing on 2 TVs while holding what appears to be a Bubsy Oscar (Picture found by Xindictive)     Bubsy press kit character model sheets: Ally Cassandra, Virgil, Oblivia, Buzz (The screenshot came from Ebay, by Xindictive)        A shirt that says »Bubsy's Back!« (It has an
8. Bubsy's Watch'n Win Contest

8. Bubsy's Watch'n Win Contest

At one time, when they we're selling Bubsy in Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind for Sega Genesis, they also included this interesting postcard from Bubsy.       He wrote about the contest called "Watch'n Win" and if you won, you would got a big prize. We never knew a lot of information about this contest other than from the postcard, which it just mentions it.   That is, until in 2016, when someone uploaded a scanned flyer for it. Which is amazing, but we don't kn
7. Answer & Win

7. Answer & Win

While the Bubsy Pilot was airing (On November 28th 1993, at 7:00 am), there was one commercial, that aired called "Answer & Win" It was FOX 53's kids club gaming show. There's not much information about it other than from this commercial.   Info Only 14 year olds or under could join this contest. They we're seen every weekday morning at 8:15 am. To join this contest, they needed to dial the phone number and they'll ask you some question. If the kid answered r
6. Super Bubsy version vs TV version

6. Super Bubsy version vs TV version

In 1997, Accolade released a new game called "Super Bubsy."  It's a remake of Bubsy in Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind. It was released on Windows 95. The most interesting part of this game is collecting TVs. If you get 20 TVs, you will get to see the whole Bubsy Pilot.       A youtuber named geekzila uploaded the whole Bubsy Pilot in 2012. He got that from Super Bubsy.   It makes sense, since finding it was hard at that time. It wasn't released
5. References from Bubsy Pilot

5. References from Bubsy Pilot

After Bubsy Pilot failed, they used Bubsy characters in the new games.   Bubsy 2 (1994)                                                                                                             In this game, they used Arnold Armadillo, Terry and Teresa, Virgil, Buzz and Sid. However they didn't use Ally nor Oblivia. Where we're they used? Let's check every character.   Let's start with Arnold. He isn't playable in the main game. However, he has his own minigame. His m
4. The release, commericals and reactions

4. The release, commericals and reactions

It aired on November 28th 1993 on Thanksgiving on the Channel FOX 53. According to this footage from Bubsy Pilot (with original commercials), the next cartoons we're Garfield (at 7:30 am), Merry Melodies (at 8:00 am), The Pink Panther (at 8:30 am) and Xuxa (at 9:00 am). The Pilot is 21 minutes long and has 5 mins of commercials, so it's believable, that it aired at 7:00 am.       Like I said before, the Pilot is 21 minutes long and had 12 commercials wh
3. Rob Paulsen does not hate Bubsy

3. Rob Paulsen does not hate Bubsy

Everyone on the internet are still saying the fact, that he hates Bubsy. Which is not true. If they said it as a theory, I would probably understand, but they actually say it as a fact, without even asking him. Which again, not true.   A youtuber named DrewTheRedPoochyena uploaded a video, where he was at a book signing event for Rob Paulsen's newest release "Voice Lessons" during a Q&A session. At the end, he asked him, if he hates Bubsy. He said this:   Rob Paulse
2. The Production and Cast

2. The Production and Cast

We don't know, when the production started, but what we know is who was involved in it. Here's the list of important people and what they're known for.   The Director was Tom Burton, who was also a Producer. According to his IMDB page, he is also known for making Visual effects on Source Code (2011), Traitor (2008), Stoker (2013) and Blade Runner (1982). He was also a Director of Denver, the last dinosaur (1988-1989). (https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0123746/)   Besides T