IGNORED

Classic 80's Home Video Games Identification & value Guide, New Book

Well my fellow AtariAge friends I have some big news to share with everyone! :) Below is a picture of the front and back covers of the book. Click this link for bigger pictures and more info on ordering

Coming this Spring!

… Nearly 3 years in development

… Over 2000 high-quality, full-color photos

… THE seven classic consoles, their accessories and related merchandise - listed by console and manufacturer for easy reference

... Collector checklist format

... Easy to use, readable indexes

… 1000+ cartridges, and more variations than most thought possible … listed and priced by –

° Cartridge

° Manual

° Included extras, and

° Boxed, complete

… 400 jam-packed pages of information on THE consoles of the Classic Video Game era (1977-1984)

Classic 80s Home Video Games

… written by 15 year veteran video game collector Jason W. Brassard, and 10 year price guide author Robert P. Wicker

… designed and priced for every collector! - $24.95 (softbound)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Description:

The early 80s was a pioneering time for home video games. Consoles from Atari, Mattel, Coleco, and others dominated many American living rooms. This guide takes an in-depth look at the classic consoles, games, accessories, and related merchandise manufactured between the introduction of the Atari VCS in 1977 and the great video game crash of 1984. The great consoles from Atari--the 2600 VCS, 5200 SuperSystem, and 7800 ProSystem are all covered in depth, as well as the amazing Coleco Vision, Intellivision, Odyssey2, and Vectrex gaming systems. More than 2,000 full-color photographs complement detailed listings for loose and boxed items. Consoles, cartridges, manuals, accessories, and related merchandise are listed and priced in an easy-to-use, checklist format. Products are listed by console and manufacturer for easy reference. See Donkey Kong, Frogger, Asteroids, Centipede, Pac-Man, and many other famous stars from the 1980s systems in this must-have title on classic video games. 2008 values.

Book Details:

10-digit ISBN #: 1-57432-573-6

13-digit ISBN #: 978-1-57432-573-7

Number of Pages: 400

Binding: Softback

Dimensions: 11.00" x 8.50" x 1.25"

Published: November, 2007(estimated)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About the Authors:

Jason

Jason Brassard got his first Atari games Christmas 1981. He ripped the boxes to pieces to get to the cartridge. Later in his twenties he became interested in Atari video games again. His first purchases in restarting his collection were the same games he got for Christmas years earlier, this time taking extreme care in preserving the boxes. Soon the collection outgrew his home, and it did not stop with Atari. He soon knew his destiny would be to open his own video game store. In 2001, Trade-N-Games was born and has been his profession ever since. If you have any old video games that are collecting dust somewhere that you would like to part with, I’ll find good homes for them.

Robert

Robert Wicker grew up playing the Odyssey 2, Atari 2600 VCS, Intellivision, and Coleco Vision systems when he wasn’t at the local arcade. He is an avid fan of the Coleco Vision system and is working on completing his collection. He also collects redline Hot Wheels from his childhood (1968-1977) and music from the ‘50s and ‘60s. Robert has 10 years of price guide writing experience, having co-authored the most respected guides on the Redline era of Hot Wheels – The Ultimate Redline Guide and The Ultimate Redline Guide Companion. His real job is a manager in the Information Technology field.

post-1807-1181849552_thumb.jpg

Edited by Trade-N-Games

Rick Weis and myself(not to mention my very, very helpful wife Sarah) got to help with this project(Atari Pictures, espically Rick and his "Atari Collection of Death" I think that it will be a great informational book as well as one to add to a collection. Nice cover, and great affordable price. I am glad to see gamers and collectors go out of their way to document this type of stuff. Video games are a very big part of our culture

Edited by swlovinist

It already looks like it'll be better than Billy Galaxy's $$$$$ guide, but why just the seven selected systems? I mean why not include the Channel F and Astrocade? I can understand drawing the line at the NES but it seems like the others should be in there.

We wanted to be very thorough with the all the content in the book. Also we wanted to be around the 400 page mark. After all the info we turned in to the publisher it will be hard to keep this book under 400 pages, the publisher has told us its best to under project the amount of pages than to come up short. Way over 2000 high quality pictures were turned in.

We did have some great help from a few select people with some of the pictures. Rick Weis has some super hard to find games and helped fill in some very important gaps. My personal collection of games for the systems featured in the book are almost 99% complete and about 95% are complete in box. I always try to get the best box I can for my collection and besides a few price tags on boxes most are in near mint condition. Many members of the message boards have had the chance to see my collection in person. My room of doom is filled with over 10,000 games from floor to ceiling most boxed complete. The detail of the picture of the cover should give everyone an idea of how each picture will look inside. Each and every picture was scanned with a special process and if that did not look just right we took a picture of it.

I was excited to work with Robert on this book, his book The Ultimate Redline Guide was amazing on pictures and content. It surpassed all the other Hot Wheels books on the market and none have been able to match the quality of that book. Robert is a huge Coleco Vision collector and has many of his original games from the 80's.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been able to see several of the pictures that were taken for this book and I must say that I wish that Robert would take pictures for my auctions. The guy does a fantastic job with pictures.

Jason has been hard at work for a long time with this book and has done a great job. I can't wait to get a copy of the book.

For those who haven't had a chance to see Jason's collection all I can say is it is incredible. It has to be one of the best collections of multi-systems in the U.S.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind words and warm welcome. Hopefully, what I wrote turns out as well as the photos. Jason and I have spent a lot of time formatting and reformatting the text and variations to make them as useful and easy-to-read as possible. Jason can spot variations with his eyes closed now!

I don't get to spend as much time as I like with my hobbies online, but I enjoy reading posts whenever I can. This is a great board with a lot of freely shared information. It has a much more positive atmosphere than some boards I have been part of in the past. The difference is HUGE!

We've seen some sample layouts from the publisher and so far the pictures and text look great! Once more of the book is completed, we'll post some previews of the inside.

If you've got any questions in the mean time, let us know. Thanks!

It's incomplete as far as I'm concerned. It's about all the systems that came out in the 1980s right? So where is:

U.S. Releases

Nintendo Entertainment System - October 1985

Nintendo Gameboy - August 1989

Sega Master System - June 1986

Sega Genesis - August 1989

NEC Turbografx 16 - August 1989

I'm sure they wanted to concentrate on early 80's stuff but come on!

It's incomplete as far as I'm concerned. It's about all the systems that came out in the 1980s right? So where is:

U.S. Releases

Nintendo Entertainment System - October 1985

Nintendo Gameboy - August 1989

Sega Master System - June 1986

Sega Genesis - August 1989

NEC Turbografx 16 - August 1989

I'm sure they wanted to concentrate on early 80's stuff but come on!

Very funny.. That why it has "Classic" in the title. It would have been nice to include it all however with all the pictures its hard to keep it under 400 pages as it is. With all of those other systems and games it would have to be a 1000+ page book unless you want pictures the size of a stamp. Quality over quantity for this first book, if it goes good who knows whats next.

Edited by Trade-N-Games

I wouldn't be too hard on Trade-N-Games about the title of his book. There's lots of crossover, and it's hard to come up with the perfect title. For example, my book, Classic Home Video Games 1972-1984, includes a bunch of late '80s releases since it covers every game for every console of that era (lots of Atari 2600 games were released between 1985-1990).

http://brettweisswords.blogspot.com/

• 8 months later...

All I got to say is * W O W *.

Nice job! This is by far the nicest guide I've seen that has ANYTHING to do with anything electronic.

Nicely done mate!

My time in the bathroom will be equally divided between this guide and the best electronics catalog/encyclopedia!