IGNORED

on Hold

Finding little enthusiasm over the past few months, for various reasons. Of course my new job has been a major factor but also I have a few new interests not the least of which is building an underwater robotic submersible. Since I have so little free time, it's obvious that '2600 Boulder Dash is not likely to make a Christmas release. And so to take this one OFF my "things I have to do" list, I've decided the best thing would be to put this project officially "on indefinite hold". Sorry to disappoint.

Cheers

A

Finding little enthusiasm over the past few months, for various reasons. Of course my new job has been a major factor but also I have a few new interests not the least of which is building an underwater robotic submersible. Since I have so little free time, it's obvious that '2600 Boulder Dash is not likely to make a Christmas release. And so to take this one OFF my "things I have to do" list, I've decided the best thing would be to put this project officially "on indefinite hold". Sorry to disappoint.

Cheers

A

You might save a little time if you built your robotic submersible above the water, then moved it underwater when you are done.
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Andrew,

Good luck in your robotic journey!

I just want to say "thank you" for not killing the project and rather putting it on indefinite hold. When this gets released, it will be the greatest game ever achieved on the 2600 IMHO. My heart isn't broken... just yearning for 2600 Boulderdash!

Best regards,

Trem

• 4 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 5 years later...

It was released last year. 250 copies, all gone by now.

:( I joined AtariAge wayyyyyy too late...

Would the new owner of BoulderDash (BBG Entertainment GmbH) be ok with putting them into the AtariAge store again?

Edited by Dionoid

New owner? Ah, now I see what you mean.

No clue. Anyway, neither Andrew nor me are prepared to do the required legal negotiations again. We wouldn't object to release the ROM to public if that's easier. But someone else has to contact the new owner and do the work required.

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch

Regarding the IP, the European version of THEC64 included Boulder Dash, but for the American release of the unit, the game was removed/replaced by another game. I haven't looked into what is behind this, if it was just for licensing cost reasons or if there were other issues making it unsuitable to re-license BD to American customers at the moment.