IGNORED

New 5200 Game: Gateway to Apshai

classics

Umm, Excuse my ignorance but how the hell do you play this game? It's really my kind of game so I want to know how to use items and open doors, ect. as all I can seem to do is start the game and walk around collecting stuff. Am I just supose to run from enemies or is there a way to fight them with the swords I'm picking up? the yellow with blue boarded bricks I take it are doors? How the heck do you open them?? Just a general whats what of the buttons would be great. This game looks fantastic, I was never big on computer games untill the early 90's so I missed out on alot of gems it seems what I was button mashing on the consoles.

EDIT: Steve, I see Demon attack on your site, Is that one just for sale or is there a ROM around? I would love to see some screens at least.

Edited by Shawn Sr.

Is there hope for a cart to be made? I loved playing this on my C64 back in the day.

1031745[/snapback]

Sure you can pick up one here:

http://www.atarimax.com/freeshippingsale/

Stev

1031775[/snapback]

Nice I see some others I'm interested in also. Time to scrounge for some extra money. Are these going to be available for awhile or just a short time?

Umm, Excuse my ignorance but how the hell do you play this game? It's really my kind of game so I want to know how to use items and open doors, ect. as all I can seem to do is start the game and walk around collecting stuff. Am I just supose to run from enemies or is there a way to fight them with the swords I'm picking up? the yellow with blue boarded bricks I take it are doors? How the heck do you open them?? Just a general whats what of the buttons would be great. This game looks fantastic, I was never big on computer games untill the early 90's so I missed out on alot of gems it seems what I was button mashing on the consoles.

EDIT: Steve, I see Demon attack on your site, Is that one just for sale or is there a ROM around? I would love to see some screens at least.

1031785[/snapback]

Here is an online manual that might help

http://home.arcor.de/cybergoth/gamesb/gatewaymanual.html

-Jeff

Press START to go into fight mode. Keys 1 and 2 are the same as SELECT and OPTION on the Atari 8-bit versions.

1031785[/snapback]

Coming soon. :D

Steve

Wow... ok, so that link could put a serious dent in my savings account.

I'm torn between just buying Apshi or figuring that I'm "in for a penny, in for a pound" and buying the programmable multi-cart. And I was so happy with my dip-switch multi-cart until this.