Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

69 Excellent

About larryleffaovell

  • Rank
    Chopper Commander

Profile Information

  • Custom Status
    still living
  • Gender
    Not Telling
  • Location
    San Junipero/EU/Earth

Recent Profile Visitors

1,841 profile views
  1. I've found a similar object at thingiverse. Maybe that fit your needs...
  2. I'm maintaining a place mentioned here, containing all ROMs know to me in CAR format. Just updated.
  3. Great, that version just works with ATARI800 emulator and MiST in either mode!
  4. Works in XL/XE mode now, but nothing with OS-A/OS-B...black screen of death. Tested with ATARI800 emulator and MiST.
  5. I've built a set of all three interfaces. SIO2MIDI (connected to a Roland SC88 Pro) and MIDI XEL are working great and I'm having great fun with them. The MIDI XEL II is working fine the S2 on board but is giving me no MIDI out when switching the S2 to off. I've checked all traces and parts of main and interface pcb but couldn't find any issue. What I'm missing here?
  6. Damn, they're indeed! Fascinating...never realised that fact until this Ubermodule 😇
  7. Got my Dragonfly today. Serial number "006", equipped with a Pokey Max and a YM2151. Did some quick tests to ensure that everything is working - it is. Ballblazer is working like the original cartridge (the latter carries an additional Pokey chip). The YM2151 demos are very nice, never thought that this would be possible on the 7800. Dragonfly's shell is a 3D printed one. Nothing special here, but it feels very solid, fits perfectly in 7800's slot and nothing wobbles nor shakes. It's menu is simple and easy to understand...would be nice if could display long filenames. Maybe in a later firmware update. So I'm very happy with this module. The only thing is that only hell knows, and this the only Con so far, why this nice Dragonfly sticker is glued at the backside of the module
  8. Can confirm this. He did this to me this morning and I paid within the next minutes.
  9. Just found out why all my carts weren't working...the cartridges without shell had oxidized contacts, which I've cleaned now and they're working at last. The other carts can't work as the heads of the screws which are holding the slot tunnel are some molecules too high, so it feels like the cartridge fits in, but it doesn't. Small things, big problems :) But all is good and working.
  10. Thanks for clarifying, @flashjazzcat, that's what I thought and had in mind. My XEL is working phantastic - apart from the cartridges; VBXE, stereo pokey's and CF3 are doing a very well job. We will see. I have come so far now so I will not be stopped now
  11. I'm assuming that despite of it's title that it's possible to use bigger cartridges, i.e. Chop Suey (64kb), Commando (128kb) or a sic!cart!? But my XEL keeps black and hangs when using the mentioned (8kb) cartridges. Keyboard initializes 2 times as normal then nothing. No Bios, no loader, no cartridge. Will check connector and clean it's contacts the next weeks when installing P-Covox.
  12. I'm using U1MB Firmware 3.10. When I started building my XEL in 04/2020 this was 3.02. I'm sure by 92,3% that these carts were working then and I had to press or deactivate something, but can't remember.
  13. This is...erm..."funny". I've just finished my 1088XEL yesterday and set it up in his H80 case. Everything is still working great - except cartridges. Tested Qix and Centipede, both without shell but working at XL/XE, but XEL turns black and hangs after powering on.
  14. I've installed a VBXE in my 1088XEL just some weeks ago. Picture is sharp as a razor, even in LastWord. The RGB cable I'm using is a self built one which leads to scart socket and monitor. I've ensured that every cable that transports a video signal is fully shielded to avoid any interference with wifi signals and alien technology.
  15. Months later, after a short Covid-19 break, @tf_hh had a totally different idea: He sent me a new 64k RAM to replace my old one. Believe it or not, but my XEL is working now, stable from fresh startup. Hooray! Alas, I did everything correct and was screwed by this damn bug all the time. Nevermind... Have to setup the VBXE now and let the show begin
  • Create New...