Dear Atarians, on behalf of AtariOnline.pl I would like to invite you to take part in traditional Kaz Kompo contest
Help us decide which 8-bit Atari game published last year was the best.
The full list of games with screenshots and links (as PDF file) is attached to this post.
The package with game files can be found here, the auxiliary spreadsheet with the titles can be found here.
You may read the rules below.
So... play the games, have fun and vote!
Kaz Kompo 2019 rules:
1. All games for 8-bit Atari published between January 1st and December 31st last year can participate in our competition. No matter if they are commercial or freeware games, awarded in other competitions or not, running only on Atari with 16kB or 1MB, do they require any extensions, cards, etc. It is important if their authors published them as completed, or declare abandonment of work, or the context indicates that they have abandoned the further development of the game. We created a list of these games on a regular basis throughout the year, and it was verified before the competition by the team: AdamW (@+Adam+), Kaz (@Kaz atarionline.pl), Rastan. We are unlikely to miss something, but of course possible. Anyway - let us know, we can add the title to the list.
2. Anyone can vote in the following ways:
- adding your comment under this post
- by sending Kaz an email to [email protected]
- on the AtariOnline.pl website under this article
We will try to confirm voices by email from people we do not know, and if it fails, they will not be included in the counting. The voting results (nickname, points) will then be public, so that everyone can see who and how they voted. No twists, scams or ambiguities.
3. Authors or co-authors of games participating in the competition can vote for their works. Also, game publishers can vote for the games they publish.
4. Everyone can vote for ten games, but their order should be given, because points will be awarded in this way: for 1st place - 10 points, for 2nd place - 9 points ... , for 10th place - 1 point.
All points from voters will be summarized and the ranking of games will be determined on this basis. It should be emphasized that we score up to 10 games. If you vote for less than 10 titles, then we will count the points to the last position only. If you vote for more than 10 games points will count up to 10 games only.
5. The voting will end at midnight on January 25/26, 2020 (Saturday) - midnight in the time zone where the voter is located.
6. The prize in the competition is to win first place - the title of the best game of 2019 and the opportunity to use the "golden" logo of the competition. Also the second and third games can use the title and badge of the KazKompo competition - silver and bronze respectively. As in previous years, we do not expect prizes for the authors, the biggest gratification is taking a good place, or receiving points from voters.
7. For those who votes (which is a specific effort considering the number of items), as usual, we have prizes that we will distribute after the end of the competition. And they will be:
the unique and expensive official "Jim Slide XL" game box with cartridge and disk (funded by AdamW),
not-to-buy cassette with the game "Monty on the Run" (funded by Rastan)
and the book "Oni migają tymi kolorami w sposób profesjonalny" ("They flash these colors in professional way") with the authors' autographs (funded by Piotr Marecki) - this is the story of Tomasz "TDC" Cieślewicz about the beginnings of the Polish demoscene and the Polish gamedev, in Polish language.
The first prize will be awarded to the person who adds the most interesting summary of scored games to the scoring. Therefore, it is worth adding a sentence or two about a given game. The second and third prizes will be traditionally drawn. We hope this encourages you to vote. Traditionally, as every year, the Larek's program will draw:
10 REM KONKURS DLA GLOSUJACYCH
20 REM KAZ KOMPO 2019
30 REM PROGRAM LOSUJACY ZWYCIEZCE
40 REM --------------------------
50 GRAPHICS 0:LIST 10,40:?
60 ? "PODAJ ILOSC GLOSUJACYCH: ";
70 INPUT IG
90 REM ROZGRZANIE GENERATORA
110 REM MIESZANIE, MIESZANIE
130 FOR Z=0 TO Y
140 ? " ";:X=RND(0):? CHR$(30);" ";CHR$(30);
150 NEXT Z
160 REM LOSOWANIE
180 ? "WYLOSOWANO NUMER: ";X
8. If it happens that a game from 2019 is not included in the list, you can vote for it, but you must clearly indicate it to complete the list after our verification.
9. All doubts and problems are resolved authoritatively by us: AdamW, Kaz, Rastan. This is to make quick and efficient decisions. And as every year, we ask for your understanding for such rules - there is no need to create excessively strict regulations where it is primarily to be fun.