New Gotek drive (mine is SFR1M44-U100K) + Software:
* Follow this video step by step.
* To recognize the gotek via a USB-A to USB-A (male to male cable).
I used a desktop PC as my laptop did not recognize it somehow.
* install the jumpers (I used solderwire to do the 2x connections).
* (see video) again, zip file is here in the post en.stsw-stm32080.zip,
to get the STM to DFU mode, you need to overwrite the driver:
you can download the driver here:
STMicroelectronics driver (for DFU) - https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/development-tools/software-development-tools/stm32-software-development-tools/stm32-programmers/stsw-stm32080.html?dl=IeA74PoEIrHrRLeNCYLdWA%3D%3D%2Cm66BcgskYvRqy8mqoNqlDSlf3J4YuteNw91mM8q9ktdDlIGCdN52IjuMWd9HzT4xV1Z9vTIAR4mLi8pYBPrrGjqgG7kCMBixP9so8iWAE8o19KHHQtubkfnYJ%2BMrjJEOwDTCV%2FHzSnOwJg1iZP3l6f%2Ff0OWrN6kRSavLM5HYqcs106janTU4ZkSEY5JGJvdMSRolUOKbJU05fxhfotq0lazbmRqyhnGDvOLh9zGz%2BSFIR9mI5qM%2FZjI2B7QmwsIDHlJ%2BHdGJvUKSot%2FuB7DMwjHHIiF1nn3J1et5CBvMXBG1cA21lw7ZUqkFEiXvtgI6WofrwkqkxK8D2LyKEGJNjg%3D%3D&uid=M0Cl3Ad0yfgfUzP738t0F+0+UhyHejoc
* Download Flash Floppy .zip file flashfloppy-v3.23.zip
latest version is here https://github.com/keirf/FlashFloppy/wiki/Downloads
it includes a .dfu file.
* Follow the instructions in the video
Note: during the "remove Read protection" I lost my connection to my Gotek
(let Windows recognize it again and start the DFU tool again)
and overwrite the firmware
Now you are ready with the Gotek drive and you can remove the jumpers and disconnect from the PC.
Prepare the USB drive (need to be FAT32 formatted):
* Reconfig FF.cfg to support ti99
Copy to the root of the USB drive
(or in the \FF directory)
* make .dsk files e.g. with TI image tool to format size supported bij Diskcontroller
(Eg. I used DS/DD 1.44mb 40 tracks) as my controllers are BWG and Corcomp.
+ call disks DSKA0000xxxxxx
+ copy all files in the root of USB stick (FAT32)
I used a 8GB Sandisk usb stick.
+ set drive select with a jumper to S0 (3rd pin from fright)
Install in the PEB to the diskcontroller
* I use Gotek as DSK1. (jumper S0)
* using a straight cable connected to the external connector of the diskcontroller
(I used a BwG controller in my TI-99/4A and a Corcomp Controller in my Myarc Geneve 9640)
both do DS/DD (thus max. 1.44Mb disks)
Select right disk with buttons on Gotek.
In the TI-99/4A I used DM1000 v1.7 and DM3 and works with all drives in my system. 5.25, 3.5, corcomp ramdisk, tipi-peb.
In the Geneve I can access it with A: (or in TIMODE with DSK1.)
(reason with jumper S0, A: so I can boot the Geneve from Gotek)