Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

41 Excellent

About Vincehood

  • Rank
    Chopper Commander

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location

Recent Profile Visitors

1,325 profile views
  1. Thanks everyone for the great guidance as usual, will try to digest all of that!
  2. Hello, I was reading this older thread & I like the proposed pattern that consists in encoding the card type into the unused bits of a card: However I am not sure how to apply this approach when using DEFINE + SCREEN + WAIT. Does anyone have an example? Should one load the data to video with SCREEN first and then POKE the extra bits? Additionally, is the approach possible to use depending where the card is loaded on the screen? For example: let's say I have a card representing a blue sky. And let's say I want the top sky row to be the limit for the screen while the remaining parts of the sky should not trigger any collision. Is there a way to encode only those top row card instances with the card type? Thanks /V
  3. Hello, I have created 10 rooms together using a tile manager program which represents a total of 100 x 24 cards into a single bmp picture. I successfully managed to convert the picture into Intybasic code using Intycolor but the problem is that it generates a single screen_cards label covering the entire area with 24 DECLE statements. I was hoping I could get instead a label per room (20 x 12): screen_cards0,..., screen_cards23 I can think about 3 ways forward: 1) there is an option in intybasic - which I missed - allowing to split the cards into 20 x 12 cards labels (I checked the documentation though) 2) I need to split the generated code by hand into different labels 3) I keep the single label as is and use it as an array from which I can read the relevant 20 x 12 cards for the room to display Any recommendation? Thanks /V
  4. I have around 10 more rooms to draw in the caverns & I have now a basic set of tiles. So I think I will try to re-use them as much as possible and see where I end up. I think I will separate the cavern world from the outside world so I don't need to load all the game tiles in one go. But anyway you have a point, I should do some maths first!
  5. A bit more details on this one (27 tiles)
  6. Hi, here are few attempts using different colours for the marks on the background walls. Orange on red might be best actually. White on red gives too much contrast. Yellow on orange does not feel like Wing War. What do you say? White on red: Yellow on red: Orange on red: Yellow on orange
  7. Great advices everyone, I will try to find the time and energy to continue! A bit off topic but given that this is some kind of virtual game design room, I will share it anyway. Check out this link with some video footage about the design on Wing War at the Imagic office back in the days: http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-400-800-xl-xe-imagic-1-2-3_1235.html (I got this hint in a french gaming forum)
  8. Will double-check... I think it was 24 or 26
  9. Initial rendering of the starting cave, using a tile editor. I now have a base set of tiles that I can try to re-use when creating the other rooms (while trying to keep the number of used titles under a reasonable limit)
  10. Funny I was discussing today about this controller with the designer in a french forum today Looks promising! And I started to learn using a tile program today before I read your message So yes I think it is part of the solution and definitely an improvement but it will still take a lot of time. I was hoping that I would be able to use some software to detect common tiles between different Colecovision screenshots, then scale those down and adapt to Intellivision. Instead, I end up working on one scaled down screenshot that I re-work and manually derive the tiles. Then I will have more or less to recreate the others rooms manually using these tiles. There is probably not magic here.
  11. Yes, I have been thinking about this as well, may give it a try eventually I will try to progress with additional rooms (the cave part). I feel I haven't found yet an efficient way to convert/adapt pictures into Inty backgrounds, I am lacking experience. I can see from the Colecovision version that they are definitely some kind of tiles that are re-used between the rooms but I am wondering about the best way to approach it. Or maybe there is only one way: the hard way :(... Any suggestion welcome!
  12. Thanks Carlos! I am by the way really impressed by all your work. I hope you will complete the Pandora Incident: it looks fantastic! I should soon receive HELI by the way About the controls, I am not fully satisfied yet but Wing War did rely on recurrent button pressing. I know Joust but have never played it actually. I should check it out /V
  13. Thanks! This is actually more of a second project. I did a Tron deadly disc 2-players game back in 2017: "Tron, back to the grid" See link below: Note: someone in the forum helped with the music conversion to Intybasic but I still have to integrate it in the game I relied more or less entirely on the Intybasic tutorial, manual, examples and all the great help from this forum (without it I would have come nowhere!). Then I took a long pause & forgot almost everything. I got recently Nanochess book for Christmas and found motivation & interest again. Thanks to the book, I think I learned better ways to do things, better structure and new stuff like scrolling : Now I will try to progress on Wingwar. And who knows I could maybe part of the contest some day! /V
  14. I agree, some tuning is needed! I have the original on the real hardware so I can play , observe and update accordingly. It is possible to play emulated inside your web browser at this link by the way: https://classicreload.com/colecovision-wing-war.html
  • Create New...