Jump to content

marauder666

New Members
  • Content Count

    61
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

31 Excellent

1 Follower

About marauder666

  • Rank
    Star Raider

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Huddersfield, UK

Recent Profile Visitors

1,850 profile views
  1. Run winhiip as administrator, and format as 48 bit in winhiip
  2. Got some PCBs last week from JLCPLB in 10 days to UK.
  3. It worked first time, I won't look at the 7800 anymore, until tomorrow.
  4. Does it happen on both 7800 and 2600 games? Could be the colour trimpots are on the edge of working with that particular TV.
  5. Here's a zip with the later NTSC model schematics. 7800n.zip
  6. The 7800 Juansolo posted showed previously is mine. The only thing from the LHE on this is the automatic CMOS switching on the 2 chroma signals, but used a CD4066, so maybe that has more isolation as its 4 single pole switches, rather than the double pole in the LHE. Needed to generate an inverted signal to toggle the 2600 chroma line. Didnt even know the LHE did the switching, until I looked at schematic after I added this to mine today. With the chroma disconnected from the motherboard at the pin, theres still that diagonal interference on a PAL 7800, its got 2 sources of it. Theres another oscillator circuit for the PAL colourburst, which cannot be total isolated from the PAL clock input pin on the MARIA. Theres a output on the TIA that seems to keep it running. I totally disconnected this oscillator circuit from the MARIA, and its now running its own tin can PAL crystal oscillator. The interference is gone. The BAT85 diode on the Magic Knight board really helps the luma balance between the 7800 and 2600 side. Heres a close up of Ballblazer, looks fantastic.
  7. Does look like a crack going towards pin 1. I think that chip is the flash which holds the FPGA code.
  8. I dont plan on removing the plug when anything's turned on.
  9. Mine's now up and running with the SIO firmware. A little different to others, I'm really pleased with the result. 3.5mm 4 pole jack socket in the corner, with the tabs bent down to fit, corner of pcb cut away, with an area filed for the cable. If I do this again. I'll just take the entire corner out, much less filing to fit afterwards. Filed lip on the other cart shell, where the cable goes. Final pic, Gridrunner loaded from "tape". Beta firmware does odd stuff when HSIO is enabled on U1MB as tmp and myself found out today.
  10. I made this today in preparation for a 4 pole socket arriving. I'll test before drilling the cartridge shell and cutting a corner off the AVG pcb.
  11. Updated mine, and it works fine. I chose the 9341 firmware as I've had the SDrive over a year, and the earlier units seem to use this screen.
  12. Any way I can tell what display my SDrive-Max has? I've taken it apart, but can't see any of those part numbers on it.
  13. I really like the SDrive-Max as a SIO device emulator. Disks and tape. Sometimes I load a tape image at standard speeds, just for a laugh.
  14. Have a look at these power supplies on eBay, branded either LiteOn or Cisco. Model. PE1170-1SA1. Less than £10 delivered. 3A output. I've been using them for Ataris for a couple of years, never had an issue, unlike with a Raspberry Pi 3 PSU, which resulted in wavy lines on screen when a few devices connected. Only thing is they require the connector changing to fit the Atari, if you can do this then they are ideal.
  15. Not sure, but I had something that looked similar as a teenage dirty pirate. Plugged it into right cartridge port on the 800, and it allowed some software to load and dump the left cartridge to tape.
×
×
  • Create New...