Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

225 Excellent

About E474

  • Rank

Recent Profile Visitors

2,741 profile views
  1. Very sad news, RIP Jason. Condolences to family and friends. I was just watching Sky News live (via youtube), and it was the lead story.
  2. That's pretty impressive!
  3. Hi, The Mini Super Speedy is a fine upgrade, and in fact I got one when they first were produced a year or so ago. However, I'm still hoping for a Mega Speedy, hopefully before next year's Eurovision final (all woads lead to Wome!).
  4. Hi, Could I offer a "douze points" Eurovision bump for another run of the MegaSpeedy? I can't help but noticing the complexity for the PCB and components are heading towards parity with the FujiNet, and they seem to be being manufactured by several people without too much trouble! I appreciate these aren't normal times, but it would be nice if another run could be made!
  5. Hi, The manuals are on archive.org -> https://archive.org/search.php?query=1050 duplicator There's also a lot of info at : http://www.realdos.net/1050 Duplicator.html It looks like there is software for the Revision 3.0 board, images of both Front and Back of the utility disks (among others).
  6. Hi, I guess I should be careful commenting on things I haven't used or had a hand in developing, so am not saying anything further on not faking first 3 sectors at 128 bytes/sector in 512 byte ATRs. I think I had a similar problem with generating ATR headers in ATRMaker Deluxe (still not quite finished, but not abandoned either), it's possibly because you (@tschak909) are writing the header before trying to read the first 3 sectors, which, with 512 byte ATRs, should apparently throw up an SIO error when you try to read 128 byte sectors for the first 3 sectors of the disk. However, I'm guessing you don't get to this until after you have built the header. I guess this is also a change to ATRMaker Deluxe's code, as this is the first bit of info I have seen about the first three sectors of ATR 512 byte sectors being 512 bytes, and not the 128 byte spec given for ATR files by https://www.atarimax.com/jindroush.atari.org/afmtatr.html , although now that I've dug a little bit further, there is a thread on ATR headers here: Among others. Hope this helps!
  7. It's kind of a strange design decision not to let 512 byte sector ATR files be bootable, as you could tell if the first 3 sectors should be 128 bytes by looking at the total size (in paragraphs, IIRC) in the ATR header.
  8. Isn't the OS going to try and read 128 byte sectors on boot?
  9. Thanks! That's > 80 pictures, which is a great start. Does anyone know of any other art collections available/downloadable?
  10. Is there an archive of 8-bit images anywhere? I'm looking for some mode E (192*160, 4 colour, 2 bits/colour) images to use as backgrounds for a project.
  11. I initially mis-read the topic title as a rainbow Fuji-Net logo, then wondered why it wasn't!
  12. OK, glad you could get it working. Thought you (or anyone else) might appreciate a known good ATR.
  13. Hi @30somethingmanchild, I just checked the UnoCart sources, and actually the Soft OS is compiled in, so you don't need to put the OS.ROM file anywhere (my bad!). Try this attached ATR, I checked it boots OK with my UnoCart. If you boot with OPTION held down, it will boot into DOS, if you don't hold down OPTION when you boot the ATR, it will load DOS, but put you in BASIC - type DOS at the Basic READY prompt, and you will load the standard DOS menu. Sorry about this! You can actually load a custom Soft OS by putting a file called UNO_OS.ROM in the root folder, but you should be good to go just using the one built into the firmware. If you're having problems with a specific ATR, it's most likely a program that uses its own loader (so bypassing the routines in the custom OS), or a program that also uses the RAM under the normal OS, so trashing the custom OS. If you get the UnoCart menu up, but can't select files to load, it might be a problem with your memory card. Hope this helps, and apologies for the bad advice earlier. Dos25.atr
  14. Hi, I think it's os.rom, copied to the root folder of the micro-sd card you're using: https://github.com/robinhedwards/UnoCart/tree/master/source/Atari/UnoCartOS
  • Create New...