Jump to content


New Members
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

2 Neutral

About evildead9000

  • Rank
    Space Invader

Profile Information

  • Gender
  1. Anyone have any info? I've been using a it sparingly without issue, but haven't really played anything long term thus far. Robocop 2 is insanely difficult!
  2. With the original power is there a "frying" issue with the 32-in-1? I thought it was just the C4CPC flash cart.
  3. Awesome! Thank you for the quick response. Also, do you know if the LiteFuze 500 Watts Travel Voltage Converter will work with the original UK power supply and the 32in1 multicart without damaging anything? If it does not work with the 32in1, I would just use it with Burnin' Rubber, which came with the system. I believe it should work fine with the voltage converter, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!
  4. Thanks for responding. I would've replied sooner, but had an internet issue, which was just resolved. Had to call my ISP. Can you please send my the make and model of the universal power supply you bought (or even an Amazon link to it)? I'd get the same one!
  5. Hello all! I live in the U.S. and recently purchased an Amstrad GX 4000 and a GX4000 32in1 multicart. I'm aware of the power issue that could damage the system when using a C4CPC flash cart. Is this still an issue with the 32in1? Also I have a LiteFuze 500 Watts Travel Voltage Converter converter for a UK Vectrex, which works fine. Can I use it with my Amstrad and the 32in1? The Amstrad power supply info is as follows: Input 240V AC~50Hz. Output: 11-12V DC 600MA. Class II. Also, in the future I may also purchase a C4CPC flash cart. What power supply would work best with that cart and will not damage the system? Any info provided would be greatly appreciated! Thanks much!
  6. I'm interest in one too. Will you have a video of the final product? And will it work on a Bandai Electronics Arcadia? Thx!
  7. Correction, it is a specifically a UK Vectrex, which is written on the back: 240v - 50Hz. Anyone know a good step up converter that will not damage the system?
  8. I do see this is an old thread, but perhaps additional information can be provided by more knowledgeable members. It's nearly a decade later and there are many new step up converters since the original post. I recently acquired a PAL Vectrex and of course the last thing I want to do is fry the system or damage it in any way (especially if I play long term). Can anyone recommend a good step up converter? Right now I've been browsing Amazon and found the following: https://www.amazon.com/LiteFuze-LC-500US-500Watt-Voltage-Converter/dp/B00O5FMNBA/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8 It is $38.39. It seems like it would be a suitable purchase. However, I am not very knowledgeable with electronics. Would it be suffice in regard to amps/watts/volts? Are more expensive units better? Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks much!
  9. Hello All, I found a listing on eBay for the switch box, but was outbid! $64!! However, I then found another listing for another Atari 5200 console with 30 2600 games, 4 5200 games, 2 5200 controllers, 2 5200 power adapters, an extra 2600 controller, RF TV/Game switch, a 2600 adapter and TWO switch boxes (and more)! So now I have a switch box for the 5200 I already had and also another complete system. Total was $194.95 and $32.25 for shipping. Unit is in very good condition. Really happy with the purchase. Already tested and all work fine. The video quality is very good connecting to coax on a modern LCD. Sorry for delay in response. Life got a bit busy! Thanks much for the responses, Kevin
  10. I thought about modding the system, but prefer to leave it as is. It's in really good shape! Thanks for the responses so far.
  11. I do have many other systems hooked up with the adapter you posted. However, I can't power the unit. As per the following link: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Atari-5200-Switchbox.jpg "The Atari 5200's switchbox is notable as it carries both the power and A/V signal to the system through the same wire. The switchbox is absolutely necessary for playing or using the system."
  12. I recently bought an Atari 5200 on eBay. The listing stated that it did not have a switch box. I had no idea that it was proprietary and that other A/V cables (which I have plenty of) would not work. At this point I may just sell the system back on eBay and buy another with the cable included. If the price is right I'd purchase, but only if you have a good standing here with a lot of posts. Thanks for reading! Long live Atari!
  • Create New...