Jump to content

Sporny Kun

New Members
  • Content Count

    56
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

36 Excellent

About Sporny Kun

  • Rank
    Star Raider

Contact / Social Media

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. one of the latest ghostbuster on Atari STe (after the movie with the Liberty Statue) had a small digitized excerpt of the main theme on the title screen. The game in itself was quite harsh for me, I succeeded to pass the first level only once or twice. "Navy moves" had a digitized music on the title screen too. Again too difficult for me, I went beyond level one once. Could not even play the part on disk 2... "Trauma", a cheap shoot'em up (this one I could kill the four bosses and goes beyond for some time), had a digitized "Trauma" used in the title tune.
  2. 1. I understand the same thing 2. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierce_oscillator this oscillator is mandatory, it's the clock of the pic (microprocessor) 3. no idea 4. CAN is a kind of serial bus, the db9 port is labelled "coldfire", surely adapted for the firebee when it was still called "coldfire" after the CPU name.
  3. I tested this one out of curiosity, I had no problem, played for around one hour with no computer opponent. edit : on hatari on gemdos drive emulation, tos 1.62 french
  4. I remember in my teenage years when the selling point of DOS PCs was "It do not run games (it is for -serious- work)"... Then when Linux started to get hold, the selling point of Windows PCs against Linux was "it do run games" ... irony of History... The only thing that I did not like in the Macintosh, was the absence of an eject button on the floppy disk drive ! It was such a mess at a neighbourgh's home when the computer was stuck AND freezed before giving the possibility to eject. But the overall design seemed quite appealing. Nowadays, I find the design always appealing, but I know enough stuff to be able to prefer a Linux PC. (and anyway, I never had enough money to spend for such a machine)
  5. Small epilog, I installed the same kit on my second lynx. On this one, the transistor Q8 was burnt. That's why the previous owner modded the console to bypass the voltage regulation. (I have since removed this mod as I know that it was steadily killing the console.) And this led to a tragic pad lift when I removed it... I was fortunate enough to find where the remaining track went (with a bit of checking against the schematics), and I wired the dangling pin to an easy to solder location, at U6. This lynx is saved !
  6. Hello, a little follow-up, to say that it is solved. I ordered and received a kit from console5. I replaced the 2 transistor (q7 and q8). Now the voltage at C41 is right. (this console is still fried elsewhere, but it was a training before working on the other one that I know is still not dead)
  7. At one time, before having to make room, I hade bought Zaku, but never took the time to play with it.
  8. The title says all, I have converted the existing schematics into Kicad. This is the 1.0.0 release, and hopefully there will be no erratum. https://github.com/sporniket/kicad-conv ... /tag/1.0.0 The release provides a PDF with the schematics, a PDF with the silkscreen of the motherboard reconstruction, and a ready to use Kicad project (libraries included). For the schematics, I have decided that : Symbols for the ICs will show the physical layout of the pins, as it makes it easier to spot the pin on the real IC (for me at least). And because thanks to that, the GSTMCU still fits on an A4 sized sheets. On one occasion I deviated from this choice (for the dma sound amplification and filtering) as it obfuscated too much the circuit. Each original sheet is splitted so that each sub-part is printable on a A4 sized sheet. A Table of content I also have mentionned some fixes that would be usefull/mandatory. DMA pull-up on databus WD1772 pull-ups LMC audio mix fix RGB Video ghosting fix C415 that should be reversed The projects contains an approximative reconstruction of the motherboard's PCB. It will be good enough to locate a given component and to know how a signal is distributed accross the board. And it allow to make nice 3D renderings.
  9. There is a remake project for the ST by Exxos, the current materialization is the "H5C1" https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/store2/#0198 This one requires a "donor machine", for the casing, power supply and the chipset. There is another project of remake using the ST chipset with an ATX form factor : http://www.atari.org.pl/forum/viewtopic.php?id=17585
  10. hello @Stephen Moss, Voltage on C41 was measured directly accross C41. Feeding 5V directly to C41, the lynx power up immediately.
  11. Yes, that is my guess. I have another Lynx 2 that is still not fried (it was sold with the "headphone hack" to bypass the power circuit, fortunately still running), so I am using the probably dead Lynx as a training.
  12. The last -hopefully- release candidate before the real one. https://github.com/sporniket/kicad-conversions--atari-ste-motherboard--c300780-001/releases/tag/1.0.0.rc4 This release includes : A standalone Kicad project (all custom libraries included and ready to use) A PDF of the schematics A PDF of the silkscreen A small gallery The schematics seems complete and free of errors, thanks to making the pcb. I also mentionned some hardware fixes (with related urls), only related to the schematics and "easily" doable : DMA pull-up on databus (done on the floppy disc controller U301) WD1772 pull-ups (done on U305) LMC audio mix fix (done near U508) RGB Video ghosting fix (done at C411)
×
×
  • Create New...