I recently got my eyes on this interesting ebay item:
It looks it's an old Atari 800 Multi Cart made in the UK. Unfortunately, the accompanying instructions don't show details on the maker or the year this was released.
I searched on Atarimania and I was not able to find an entry for this Multi Cart.
Just for future reference, I have OCRd the accompanying documentation from the ebay photos, here it is for you:
BEFORE RUNNING THE SYSTEM:
1) Write DOS system files to the program disk. (DOS function H)
2) Have available, some blank formatted disks.
DOWNLOADING ROMS TO DISK.
1) Open hinged cover of ATARI 400/800.
2) Reset micro switch located at right hand side of cartridge slot(s). This can be
accomplished by a biro top or suitable peg and is necessary to stop the machine
from switching off. Only push the micro switch as far down as necessary to turn
the machine on.
3) Turn on the disk drive and wait until the BUSY light goes out.
3A) Load program disk.
4) Turn on the ATARI and the program will now load.
5) Remove program disk when MULTICART title appears.
6) Insert blank formatted disk.
7) Rest ROM cartridge to be downloaded to disk in cartridge slot.(ATARI 800 - Left
8) Firmly press home cartridge.
NOTE: If the screen display disappears, or is corrupted, remove blank disk and
cartridge, turn off the ATARI and go back to step 3A. Several attempts
may be necessary until you have mastered the technique of inserting the
NO RESPONSIBILITY CAN BE ACCEPTED FOR DAMAGE TO THE MACHINE WHILST PLUGGING IN
CARTRIDGES WHILST IN A SWITCHED ON STATE.
9) If screen display has remained unchanged, press any key to continue.
10) The program will now request a file name to be given and shold be in the
where XXXXX is the file name you wish the cartridge file to be
called. Note: The format should be strictly adhered to.
11) Press the RETURN key - The cartridge will be downloaded to disk, (A 16k cartridge
will take about 1 min. to down load.)
12) If further cartridges are to be downloaded then repeat the process outlined
RELOADING ROM PROGRAMS FROM DISK
1) Turn on the disk drive.
2) Insert MULTICART cartridge in cartridge slot (Left hand slot of ATARI 800).
3) Load ROM cartridge file disk.
4) Turn on ATARI.
5) Obtain directory listing (DOS function A).
6) Run DOS function L (Binary Load) to load program required.
When reverting to normal running, remove MULTICART cartridge.
The above procedures are autonated with the MENUMAKER program.
Disk version £7.95 Cassette Version £4.95
DOWNLOADING ROMS TO CASSETTE
1) Open hinged cover of Atari 400/800.
2) Carry out step 2 as per disk instructions.
3) Load the machine code program on cassette (As per normal auto-boot tape)
4) Once program has loaded, remove program cassette and load blank cassette (Note:
This must be a C20 minimum length).
5) As per step 7 (Roms to disk).
6) As per step 8 (Roms to disk).
7) As per step 9 (Roms to disk).
The cartridge will now be downloaded to cassette.
RELOADING ROM PROGRAMS FROM CASSETTE.
1) Insert MULTICART cartridge in cartridge slot. (Left hand slot of Atari 800).
2) Load cassette containing Rom file.
3) Press PLAY key on cassette recorder.
4) Switch on Atari 400/800 whilst holding down START key.
5) Press RETURN key.
The ROM progrant on cassette will now load.
6) Rewind and remove cassette once program has loaded.
MENUMAKER PROGRAM (OPTIONAL SOFTWARE AVAILABLE).
1) Turn on disk drive and wait until BUSY light goes out.
2) Load program disk.
3) Remove any cartridges.
4) Switch on Atari - Program will now load.
5) Remove program disk.
6) Insert disk with previously downloaded ROM files.
7) Depress any key.
8) The program will display each filename on disk, one at a time.
9) Enter menu name required. (15 characters maximum including spaces).
10) Once program has read last file the program will terminate.
Cartridge files on disk, that have been processed by the MENUMAKER program, will
be displayed automatically when the disk is loaded.
Press SELECT key to change choice of program to load.
Press START key to load program required.
Do you have any additional information on this Multi Cart?