Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

841 Excellent

About a8isa1

Profile Information

  • Gender

Recent Profile Visitors

27,619 profile views
  1. Were there any changes beyond beta 4.49c? Thanks (to all involved) for SDX development!
  2. I have been trying to convert this picture since I first discovered Rastaconverter. All I can say is it came out better with a PAL palette than it ever did with an NTSC one. I hope it looks reasonable on real hardware. I don't have any PAL gear, myself. It's time to move on to another. [PAL palette with saturation 40] a8isa1_birches_PAL.xex
  3. It might just need recalibrating. Power it on while pressing the touch screen. If the calibration screen appears then you should be back in business.
  4. Had about 4 plays (not counting experimenting *left-handed*). Not going to give the thumb a chance to COMPLAIN. Perhaps some more Tomorrow. 57670 -SteveS
  5. I tried to compile multilator2modem (for ESP8266). TimeLib.h is unresolved. I didn't find anything relevant under Manage Libraries. Would someone please point me in the right direction? -SteveS
  6. I just used the following example for building a DIY wifi modem as a guide and built my own. https://1200baud.wordpress.com/2017/03/04/build-your-own-9600-baud-c64-wifi-modem-for-20/ No need for RS232 conversion as I connected it directly to SIO and used an R-Verter driver. However, add the RS232 converter and the wifi modem can easily be connected to an 850. Later I switched to Bo Zimmerman's Zimodem firmware. Just personal preference. Paul Rickards' Strikelink firmware (from above) worked perfectly well. And now I'm anxiously waiting for the ##Fujinet project to be completed I'm using older ESP8266 based Nodemcu v0.9 development boards for *play testing* all 3 projects above but at least the latter two can be ESP32 based. -SteveS
  7. I briefly tried the "LEFT handed" mode of Mr. Do!. A lifetime holding the base in my left hand and joystick in the right is too difficult a habit to break! Perhaps I'll tune up the Competition Pro (leaf switch version) and give that a try left-handed before the HSC round is over Never noticed that option in Mr. Do! until I had need.
  8. I've been sick for 2-3 weeks and I've lost track of the progress and changes. What do I need to be current and play around with tools for SDX? mutilator2modem.ino? which fnc.atr or fnc-tools.atr? do I still need an autorun.atr on SPIFFs I think I need the equivalent of an airport "approach card" to get me down each time too much changes. (No I am not a pilot. I watch a lot of Mayday/Air Crash Investigations/Air disasters type programs). -SteveS
  9. I first played this game in an early season of HSC so I gave it a few new goes before arthritis reminded me to stop. In any case, my first go was my best.
  10. Heh. Sitting on Holmes 3 CD all this time. Not that I was even aware of this (or many other) menu loaders. -SteveS UTIL01_B.ZIP
  11. Nice job! This is another conversion that looks like pixel art. Got the lead bat's eyes too. -SteveS
  12. I recently backed up a DVD that had been sitting on my shelf since probably 2006. (I cannot with certainty recall from whom I got the DVD). I posted in another thread DOMMenu builder which I had found in a folder labeled "Holmes Utilities". When last I used the DVD I probably assumed the files in this folder were just a reorganization of those on the Holmes CD set. However, DOMMenu isn't in the CD set. This made me wonder about this thread and the rest of the files in that folder. There are more than just menu/loader builders in that folder. Of those files that are builders there are many that I don't see listed above and multiple versions of some that are. I'm posting the files that seem as though they might fit this topic. I've only looked at a couple both of which I don't know how to use. -SteveS new_menu_makers.zip
  13. the turbo basic XL compiler has taken every Atari basic program I've thrown at it. -SteveS
  • Create New...