The project did get put on hiatus for quite a while, that damned thing called "real life" intervened for some members. The game itself (ie the ROM) is already out there, that was the only thing ready at the start of matters heh.
But in quick fire terms, the following needed or needs to still occur (although we are getting there)...
- agreement from Jay Smith for the project to go ahead, considering he owns the rights to all the original Vectrex games
- design and agreement for the box artwork, front and box
- physical production of the box, find someone to do it, agree a price, receive units
- design and agreement for the cart label
- design and agreement for the manual, layout and text, proof-reading
- physical production of the manual, find someone to do it, agree a price, receive units
- design and agreement for the overlay, colours, whether to include a notch, quality consideration
- physical production of the overlay, find someone to do it, agree a price, receive units
- agree purchase and supply of plastic cart holders, overlay sleeves and clear box protectors for shipping.
- physical production of the cartridge board and burning of the game to ROM, find someone to do it, agree a price, receive units, test units to make they work
Finally then it can be all put together and we can start thinking about making it available for sale! Now some of the above physical production we have done, but a lot of it has been produced by other members of the Vectrex community as they have more experience. All the design and internal decision making was us though.