Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'dBase'.
Found 1 result
Atari 8 Bit dBase III Utilities Project Background: This is a project I wanted to do for quite a while. While refreshing my Action! programming skills I wrote the first program in a suite that I plan on writing. The idea is to have a dBase III work-alike for the Atari 8 bit computers. Yes, it won't be as robust as PC version, and there will be limits, but that's not the point. I already know, and don't care, that there are better databases for the Atari. The intent of this project is to support dBase III structures directly and have the files fully compatible with the PC-DOS counterparts - all done in Action!. In this thread I will post updates as I progress through the utilities. Planned Utilities: DBF Info - Display information about a DBF file. dBase flavor, structure, number of records, header and record size, and optionally print. DBF Make - Create a DBF file, and optionally a DBT file if there is a memo field. This includes are the pertinent header information and field structure. DBF Query - Browse and query a DBF file. I want to support at least one index as well. DBF Edit - Browse and edit a DBF file. Field data editor. Wish List: Stand alone executables. Optional printing where applicable. Support at least one index per file. Support at least one relationship to another DBF file. dot Prompt utility (unlikely) Updates: I will and have been documenting the progress on my blog http://unfinishedbitness.info/action, and will be posting shorter updates here announcing components, how to use them, and availability. The first two components are complete. The first has a blog entry already, and the second blog entry is being worked on. I realized after the fact that there may be an audience here on AtariAge that is interested. In case you read this far and feel the need to question why, then you've missed the point. Any negative comments will simply be ignored.