Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'work in progress'.
Found 4 results
I was originally going to make keep this as a mini Atari art project to see how many levels I could remake from Super Mario World in Bb, until I realized that more of the game was re-create-able than I thought(if I use tricks like making the game in separate roms giant file sized PS1 game style). Right now, these are just the levels with not much point(no enemies, powerups ect) and Iggy/Bowser can't hurt you. I posted the pictures on a status update of the stand-alone levels. Though I'll link these again https://imgur.com/a/f0KpE2k I'll also list the levels percentage completed : Bowser Boss - %30 complete(cannot harm each other, and starts off in a blank space until you press left/right) Iggy Boss - %50 complete(no collision with lava, or the boss, no way to attack) Yoshi's House - %100 complete(this was a useless level in the original and same will be here) Top Secret Area - %95 complete(no power-ups) Yoshi's Island 2 - %10 complete(level map done, nothing else) Yellow Switch Palace - %99 complete(needs a level end). Star Road 2 - %40 complete(lacks enemies, level completion, and gravity). Star Road 3 - %10 complete(just the level map done). As for the rest, of everything. Due to Nintendo's strictness with Mario(and their IPs in general) the project will not be finished past this point . If Nintendo does see this. I will take down these roms by any Nintendo rep's request. I will share these for now though. Bowser Battle.bin Iggy Fight.bas.bin StarRoad2.bas.bin TopSecretArea.bas.bin YellowSwitchPalace.bas.bin YoshiHouse.bas.bin
So about a week ago, I was wondering what I wanted my first 2600 game to be. I had seen the Nyantari demo, and I liked how it was implemented. However, it isn't a game, only a demo, and as far as I know nobody has made a Nyan Cat homebrew game yet. I looked up some Flash games and found Nyan Cat FLY! It's not the greatest game, but I like the concept, especially because the gameplay should be entirely possible on the 2600. I have been brainstorming for the past week now, and I started writing code for the game over the weekend. I wanted to start with the easy part (if you want to call it that, nothing on the 2600 is easy), so as of now I only have the score/level display. This was my first time making a 6-digit score, or even a 48-pixel sprite, for that matter. The kernel for the 6-digit score is well commented, but the rest is very messy. I will probably spend a couple days making it neater before I move on to the next step, but I just wanted to put this out here for now. For the latest source code and .bin, here is the Github repository: https://github.com/JeremiahK96/vcs-nyancat nyancat.bin nyancat1.3.asm
I've been working on a new (well, it's been going on a while) project to bring a new game to the Atari. It is currently called "Escape the Night Garden" and can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYArkNuj0L8 I would like to thank Miker for the music, I came across this track and just loved it, so I asked him if I could use it and he was happy to allow me to use the track. Thanks Miker! Please don't be too harsh, it's my first attempt at programming a full game in MADS. A lot of work still needs to be done to get it into a working game. It'll basically be a game where you have to get out of the maze (night garden in this case) by flicking switches in the right order and avoiding enemies (when they're fully programmed), I just need to get past a programming problem with MADS structs. I'll better the graphics later, add a title screen, DLI's for more colour, extra levels, sprite animation, possibly more music if memory allows, additional fonts for more varied graphics and add a status bar at the bottom. At the moment you can also walk through walls, obviously that needs to be sorted. Levels (24 screens) are compressed down to around 450 bytes. That'll take up more when colour schemes, disappearing doors and enemies are implemented.
Hello, AtariAge! I decided to get into bAtari BASIC programming after sprybug's wonderful Zippy the Porcupine, although I did have a small bit of experience with the language after watching Tinkernut's video on it. My first full game with it is called "Wal-Rush!" This is actually my port of my other original game, Wal-Rush! on Scratch (written for a contest over at CodeWalrus. I am still waiting for the results, if anyone wants to ask. The controls in this one are LEFT and RIGHT to move, and FIRE to fly! You get 1 point every so often as you fly, and you can eat the fish for 10 points. Don't crash into the spikey mines, or else you EXPLODE! (I am planning to add an invincibility powerup like my original game, and that is coming up!) I used the amazing Titlescreen Kernel to make the titlescreen, but other than that, this game is written in pure bAtari BASIC (perhaps inefficiently at times; please, tell me if I'm coding inefficiently.) All of the code is REMed, so if you want to modify it, I think you could understand the code. What I would really like is a sound engine so I can put in sound effects, and maybe a jingle that plays throughout the game. If anyone can tell me how to do that, that would be swell! Here is a video of the gameplay, as this game stands. Tell me what you think so far! Wal Rush A2600.zip