IGNORED

Over 18 years later...

JayoK

On the 31st December 1987 I started to play Mastertronic's Spellbound. I never really could get around to figuring out what to do then. After a serious break from the Atari I finally managed to complete it today!!

post-4247-1168200994_thumb.png

However, it say the Magic Knight will re-appear in Knight Thyme. Anyone know if this was released for the A8?

Ta!

Edited by JayoK

Even with the guide I can't do this, I keep running out of energy.

Btw, I think I got this game in 1985 or 1986 in Manchester city centre, I then went with my mum and nephew to some pizza place and they were handing out some Disney Fantasia flyers. Ah, memories, don't you just love em? :)

Edited by Ross PK

Yeah this was wrecking my head also. But I must admit to cheating. I would so a state save every so often so if a character died on me or I ran out of energy I didn't have to go back to the beginning.

Btw, I think I got this game in 1985 or 1986 in Manchester city centre, I then went with my mum and nephew to some pizza place and they were handing out some Disney Fantasia flyers. Ah, memories, don't you just love em? :)

This is such a huge thing for me for the memories. It was my first Atari 800XL (I'd a 600XL before that but games just didn't work with 16KB) and a new XC12. I do remember playing the game into the small hours of the 1 Jan 88. Some good times alright. Finishing games on the PS2 doesn't hold the same for me now.

Yeah this was wrecking my head also. But I must admit to cheating. I would so a state save every so often so if a character died on me or I ran out of energy I didn't have to go back to the beginning.

This is such a huge thing for me for the memories. It was my first Atari 800XL (I'd a 600XL before that but games just didn't work with 16KB) and a new XC12. I do remember playing the game into the small hours of the 1 Jan 88. Some good times alright. Finishing games on the PS2 doesn't hold the same for me now.

Same here, that's why I'm only interested in getting the games that I used to have which I know that I'd still like now. There's so many of them that there's no point in getting any games that I've never played before.

I also have an XC12 with my 800XL too, but I want to get a 1010 since it goes with the 800XL more.

• 13 years later...

Asal completed it as well and recorded for us:

BTW: Asal also disassembled and commented (in Polish) code of Spellbound. Available here: http://atarionline.pl/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=5308&page=1#Item_50 (link in first post). We (Mono and me) are working on some improvements, fixing bugs, gfx changes, etc.

• Like 6