IGNORED

Whos planning on going to the Midwest gaming classic this year?

jboypacman

I was there today (wearing a Castlevania T-shirt if anyone cares) and I had a good time. Picked up Gradius Gaiden for the PSX. I saw a lot of good Atari stuff but nothing I was willing to spring for. I did get a chance to play Battlesphere Gold, thanks to the gentleman from the Goatstore who walked me through it. It was a bit over my head since I couldn't make out the colors on the radar. But still fun.

Heh I had the same trouble w/ BSphere! The clear cart right? :)

Pretty decent news report too IMO. I recall seeing many of those people at the show Sat! I guess inane "witty" news anchor banter is universal- we have it in MN too.

Well, I guess this is the place to put this for now. I got back just over an hr ago.

NOTE TO EVENT CO-ORDINATORS: NEXT TIME MOVE THE F---ING NOISY GAMES 50 FT. AWAY FROM THE SPEAKING AREA!!! Elvira pinball distracted me the whole time, I'd think others were also bothered. I nearly unplugged it, & offered someone $5 to do it too. That's the only real gripe I have (besides the Little Leaguers running all over the place, but I digress).

That said, I met spongbue at BenHeck(endorn)'s talk, very entertaining, & attended the 2 sessions after his. Also Max (jagfest.org guy) was very personable & nice. I met Ken "Sushi-X" Williams & Terry "Trickman" Minnich, they signed a few EGMS I bought just after their talk, nice guys too. Just signed up on their site.

Vendors- ianoid, thx for the ColecoVision SA controllers! I didnt see any others, he let me TAKE THEM out of the room to test them- he didnt mind & even cut me a deal. I was very appreciative of that, what a great guy!

& the guy who sold me 7 EGMs minutes before the show closed Sat night. Thx for the deal! & the guy who had several boxed fresh 7800 sticks stashed under his table- thx to you too! I needed those- I can play 7800 Xenophobe again!

Edited by RJ

aye, good to meet you. I would have searched for more AtariAgers in one way or another, but I figured I haven't really posted a whole hell of a lot around here lately so most people have probably forgotten that I even exist :P

I did still meet Al and Matt (Tempest), though :)

NOTE TO EVENT CO-ORDINATORS: NEXT TIME MOVE THE F---ING NOISY GAMES 50 FT. AWAY FROM THE SPEAKING AREA!!! Elvira pinball distracted me the whole time, I'd think others were also bothered. I nearly unplugged it, & offered someone $5 to do it too. That's the only real gripe I have (besides the Little Leaguers running all over the place, but I digress).

There is a LOT of balance that goes into figuring out how the show goes, and honestly we can't please everyone all the time. We actually moved the speaking area pretty much daily up until the event. We wanted to have it in the middle of 'the action' this year, although the noise was noted as a problem. Quite frankly though, I think the speakers turning up the volume would've been easy enough as a way to fix it. We don't want to close it off to the world like we have done in the past, but we also want people to be able to hear everything...

Well, there is always next year... or should I say, nine months from now! Hope to see you all there!

Had a great time once again. Got to meet some people and see some of the guys from last year again. Bought a lot of cool stuff....(incase you missed it)

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...=108425&hl=

Not sure if we are putting suggestions/complaints on this thread now but I will do my best. As far as complaints I don't really have any, it was great. The vending area seemed a little larger this year which is cool with me but the coin-op selection seemed a little smaller. I was only there on Sat though so maybe more were added. The pinballs had plenty of selection though and those are my true favorites anyways. My favorite was the Black Knight machine, I haven't played one of those in years and it was a blast. Another cool bonus was TWO Tron machines which is very nice since you won't have to waitas long to play. The only idea I would have is maybe an area you can post a picture of your self or something to make it easier to find people you know from forums, I still met up with just about everybody but there were a few I missed. See eveyone again next time, I'll try to stay sat and sun next year :)

The only idea I would have is maybe an area you can post a picture of your self or something to make it easier to find people you know from forums, I still met up with just about everybody but there were a few I missed.

That's why we had the bulletin board up by the ticket table, but I think we need to advertise it better next year.

The only idea I would have is maybe an area you can post a picture of your self or something to make it easier to find people you know from forums, I still met up with just about everybody but there were a few I missed.

That's why we had the bulletin board up by the ticket table, but I think we need to advertise it better next year.

I think the way the website was done this was kind of rushed, it missed out some details

of the show compared to last year where it had more details. ie. last year they had the layout

up this year they didn't.

Who had the new 7800 controllers? I could have used some.

That was probably Videogames, Etc. Sean has a whole bunch of the things. I got one from him in hopes that a new stick would feel better than my mushy old ones. While it did, I still wasn't impressed. I eventually purchased a 7800 gamepad from him. (Which he also has a bunch of.)

If you're ever in the Chicago area, stop by his store. It's in the Harwood Heights area and has just about everything you never knew you needed. ;)

Who had the new 7800 controllers? I could have used some.

That was probably Videogames, Etc. Sean has a whole bunch of the things. I got one from him in hopes that a new stick would feel better than my mushy old ones. While it did, I still wasn't impressed. I eventually purchased a 7800 gamepad from him. (Which he also has a bunch of.)

If you're ever in the Chicago area, stop by his store. It's in the Harwood Heights area and has just about everything you never knew you needed. ;)

Got some nice boxed repro games from him I have been looking for, does he have a website with online shopping for his store?

Yep, looks like it is Video Game Kingdom. Thanks! :)

That's unfortunate. They're based in the East Town Mall here in Green Bay. I've bought a good deal of stuff from them in the last few years and I've never had a problem with anything, though I don't think I've bought any consoles from them. The guys that run the store are really cool, so it's gotten to be one of my favorite stores in town.

Got some nice boxed repro games from him I have been looking for, does he have a website with online shopping for his store?

Unfortunately, no. He prefers the personal touch and has been resistant toward creating an online presence. Personally, I think it would be nice if he at least had a static webpage that I could point people to. :|

This is about the closest thing there is to a website:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&safe...726489850739699