IGNORED

What is "Robin Hood/Sir Lancelot" worth?

stephena

I was originally thinking about starting a collection, but since I'm so far behind, it probably makes more sense to sell them off. Anyway, I have the "Robin Hood/Sir Lancelot" double-ender, which is listed with rarity of 8 on this site. How much would this be worth on Ebay? I also have about 70 carts with rarity 1-5, so they're probably not worth as much. Any ideas??

I was originally thinking about starting a collection, but since I'm so far behind, it probably makes more sense to sell them off. Anyway, I have the "Robin Hood/Sir Lancelot" double-ender, which is listed with rarity of 8 on this site. How much would this be worth on Ebay? I also have about 70 carts with rarity 1-5, so they're probably not worth as much. Any ideas??

If it's in good shape the RH/SL is worth about $20 bucks USD loose. Tomarc the Barbarian/Motocross Racer is worth a lot more. :lust:

*waits for Cpuwiz to show off his sealed copy*

It's more of a rarity 5 or 6 if you ask me. If it's in good condition you could pull 20 or so maybe 30 depending on how bad the person wants it. Fair or poor condition would probably get you 10 or 15 bucks :)

BTW - you wouldn't happen to have the box would you? That will increase the price, even having the manual would help a little :)

How about the single-ender versions? I've got a loose single-ender Sir Lancelot with a crappy-looking label, not likely worth anything in the shape it's in... and I've got a boxed (not complete) single-ender Tomarc that I paid too much for (didn't buy for rarity, I bought it because I made a 60-mile drive and it was the only thing I found that I didn't already have, and I wanted to get *something* that trip).

How about the single-ender versions? I've got a loose single-ender Sir Lancelot with a crappy-looking label, not likely worth anything in the shape it's in... and I've got a boxed (not complete) single-ender Tomarc that I paid too much for (didn't buy for rarity, I bought it because I made a 60-mile drive and it was the only thing I found that I didn't already have, and I wanted to get *something* that trip).

You sure you paid too much for Tomarc?

You would be suprised what the single ender Xonox games can go for with a box (instructions are an easy find)

IMO the single ender Lancelot is worth a lot more than the double. If the label is really bad though its only worth about 10 to 15 bucks, but thats just my opinion.

You would be suprised what the single ender Xonox games can go for with a box (instructions are an easy find)

I was pretty surprised all right... they wanted $40, I talked them down to $30.

IMO the single ender Lancelot is worth a lot more than the double. If the label is really bad though its only worth about 10 to 15 bucks, but thats just my opinion.

In that case I made out like a bandit, I got it for $2.

The label says SIR LANCEL, with maybe half of the O, and none of the T.

Before I got the Lancelot cart, I didn't even know there was such a thing as a Xonox single-ender.

I was pretty surprised all right... they wanted $40, I talked them down to $30.

In that case I made out like a bandit, I got it for $2.

The label says SIR LANCEL, with maybe half of the O, and none of the T.

Before I got the Lancelot cart, I didn't even know there was such a thing as a Xonox single-ender.

Any day you want to sell that boxed Tomarc for $40 it's a deal, just let me know ;)

2 bucks is a great deal for the single ender even if the label was missing completly. Foxsolo is right though the game is not as rare as it used to be :)

Any day you want to sell that boxed Tomarc for $40 it's a deal, just let me know ;)

I probably am going to hang on to it... I'm not really the "collector of rarities" type (most of my games are loose, and I buy them to play them), but it's good to have at least a few rare-ish or unusual things to show off sometimes.

2 bucks is a great deal for the single ender even if the label was missing completly. Foxsolo is right though the game is not as rare as it used to be :)

I think I picked it up as part of a big load... someone must have either been desperate for money, or totally sick of collecting, and unloaded a bunch of stuff... I got a quite few R4's and a couple of R5's as part of the same deal... nothing really *rare*, but it's kind of rare to find that many uncommon carts at the same shop for $2 apiece. Unfortunately the place has moved even farther away since then :(

Hm, how does something like that get to be less rare? Does someone uncover a crate of them in a musty old warehouse, or a bunch of people decide at the same time to get rid of them... or was it really never that rare to start with, and someone finally figured it out?

Sir Lancelot seems like it might be one of the better Xonox titles (a better game than Tomarc or Chuck Norris), but that's based on playing it for just a couple of minutes. I should play it some more...

I think the real rarity for Xonox is the boxes. They seem to go for a lot and are pretty hard to find :)

The carts with the exception of the Tomarc/Motocross are always popping up. I passed on the Tomarc double ender a few times but I think I undervalued it, they seem to be a little more rare than I thought.

Hm, how does something like that get to be less rare? Does someone uncover a crate of them in a musty old warehouse, or a bunch of people decide at the same time to get rid of them... or was it really never that rare to start with, and someone finally figured it out?

Well that can happen but mainly it is down to Ebay and more people discovering it. When I discovered Ebay in 2001 I discovered virtually every game I needed for sale there and entered in a bidding war with collectors. Now most collectors have the games they need and Ebay lowers what were once rarities ;)

Well that can happen but mainly it is down to Ebay and more people discovering it. When I discovered Ebay in 2001 I discovered virtually every game I needed for sale there and entered in a bidding war with collectors. Now most collectors have the games they need and Ebay lowers what were once rarities ;)

Yeah this is not just for video games though. What is really sad is to see what has happened to some more popular things to collect like Comics and Baseball cards. I have over 5,000 baseball cards from the late 80's and early 90's and I know that if I were ever to sell them I would probably get about one tenth of what I paid for them back in the day. I think that cards from that era are so cheap now that it would probably be cheaper to burn baseball cards than firewood to keep warm.

I think the real rarity for Xonox is the boxes. They seem to go for a lot and are pretty hard to find :)

The carts with the exception of the Tomarc/Motocross are always popping up. I passed on the Tomarc double ender a few times but I think I undervalued it, they seem to be a little more rare than I thought.

That's cause that cart was only released in Canada. ;) I was going to bid on that last Tomarc/Motocross on eBay and I'm kicking myself in the ass it went cheap. I paid $150 US for mine and thought I got a good deal, and my label wasn't even as good as that one was. This used to be a $200 cart when it came up which was very rarely. Like everything else loose it seems to have dropped in value. However that box that Cpuwiz has probably keeps on going up and up in value. :D

Baseball cards are much more different than video game cartridges.

Too many companies were making licenced cards to the point where it was trivial to get who you wanted because there was just a glut.

While the same kind of glut killed 2600 production, 2600 collection is a different thing altogether. You don't have a dozen manufacturers for the same games, and if you do, those pirates in and of themselves are more valuable because of the much lower volume, unlike baseball cards which could be made extremely cheaply.

That's cause that cart was only released in Canada. ;) I was going to bid on that last Tomarc/Motocross on eBay and I'm kicking myself in the ass it went cheap. I paid $150 US for mine and thought I got a good deal, and my label wasn't even as good as that one was. This used to be a $200 cart when it came up which was very rarely. Like everything else loose it seems to have dropped in value. However that box that Cpuwiz has probably keeps on going up and up in value. :D

Thats right! I forgot it was a Canada only release.

What about that elusive NTSC Malagai' that one was Canada only as well right?

I believe you mean Mangia', yes it was a Canada exclusive.

Whoops, I totally meant Mangia'

My mistake :)

I can't believe how rare Mangia' is. I think there is only like a handful of people that have it with a few fingers missing on that hand. Another Canadian oddity like Puzzy carts, Bomb carts, Funvision carts all in NTSC. I think all the NTSC Asterixs found in the wild came from Canada too. It's a popular cartoon character up here especially for French Canadians.