IGNORED

I HATE NIGERIA

Dusk2600

I think that ebay should ban Nigeria Period, and from now on ill put that i dont ship to nigeria.

I may send him a picture of a ps2.

Shit in a ziplock bag and seal it. Send it to him and a letter saying "I'm a Peice of Shit 2"

I like that idea :D

ha, mabye i should just put in my F'N auctions i do not ship to 3rd world countries

Technically, that means you couldn't ship it to Alaska :P

Good i hate eskimos

thats not very nice!

Im only kidding :)

;) Im sure ya are!

Remember the P-P-P-Powerbook? :D

A HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! OMG, damn that's the most i laughed for a while, everytime i even glaced at the pictures i couldnt help but bust out laughing....

This is Real

SPACE!!!!

Now thats some funny s*** there~

Hello,

I am glad to be the winning bidder of your item, i was just lucky to have won it,l just have to stick with it as l have seen the advertisement for it all around and lm impressed by the features. I came on to eBay purposely for a present for my Son.I want you to understand that i'm currently in conference in UK. I wonder if you could be so kind as to help me ship this item to my Son .It's his birthday and this is his birthday gift. I'm prepared to cover p&p. i'll pay through paypal and i will add $80 for shipping to my son where is on an assigmnet for the british Consulate in Nigeria, I want the item to be shipped to West Africa via USPS Global Express Mail 3-5 Days Delivery. The address of my son where you will ship the item to is below,

Mr Olatunji Sunday,

Sw9/308a, Railway Line Odo Ona

Ibadan

Oyo State

Nigeria

Thats the address where you will ship the item to and i will get back to you after the payment is made and you can reach me on

Pettit

FUCK IS ALL I GOTTA SAY 237.50 DOWN THE DRAIN

WOW... these guys are getting sophisticated. I was getting the same thing on Craigslist recently, but my out has always been, "For non-domestic transactions, I only accept PayPal, and I will only ship internationally after the funds have cleared. International shipping may also delay your shipment by 6 to 10 weeks, due to bank holds caused by unscrupulous Nigerian Scam type operators. These terms are unfortunately non-negotiable". That usually scares them away.

Sounds like the above might be a good disclaimer to start adding to e-bay auctions. I'd also complain to e-bay for reimbursement of your listing fee, and say that if they refuse, you'll pursue the matter through the FBI international fraud division.

Evidently they're confident enough that they can trick PayPal

Oooh. A couple more things...

It is spreading. The UK... especially London, is where they're operating a lot of the scams out of, recently.

The way a traditional 914 scam works is that they get your account information, and deposit a very well done fake deposit to your account. It may be a check with a valid ABS/Routing number and account, on a faked company check, or some other manner like this. They deposit OVER, the funds clear... they get you to refund the overage by Western Union. They'll go on playing this game with you for as long as it takes for the bank to catch on, and you'll go on because they're putting FAT payments into your account. Then the FBI comes knocking on your door, and *you* take the fall, and Mukukobabi Aklam Moduko Muhhamed takes all the money to train terrorists and fund warlords. Really... if you want to get these guys to show their true colors, start dissing Muhhamud in your correspondence. That sets them off EVERY time. They also don't like it if you infer you would be willing to trade some livestock for their hot cousin, sister, or niece.

Not sure how this works, but I bet it is a variation of the same. Funds come into Paypal, clear... but are over. Client asks for a refund, you send it... then 6 weeks or so later, PayPal removes the full amount from your account when the fraud is finally discovered. You're not just out the amount, plus your product (which is probably being used in some OTHER scam), but you're also out the money you "refunded".

"I'se sorry, massah, I just an ignant Af-ican, and no I speak english very well. I make check out for $20,500.00, not 250.00. Silly me! You please refund the difference, via western union, or my father is gonna have mes hans cut off! You sent item, right? My son very eager to play American video games! We run our generator on Donkey shit!"

You would think guys this creative could find something else to do to make money... but they sure do like their work *easy* in Africa. "I've got an idea, let's round up a bunch of guys from that tribe over there, and sell them to the English and Spanish, and then get THEM to take the blame for it..."

Wait a minute... they've been running this same basic scam for what, 250 years now? Take something that isn't yours, get someone else to pay you for it, then sit back while THEY take the blame"...

I take it back... Africans are fucking BRILLIANT.

And before someone goes off being offended that this is racist, I could care less what color they are. This isn't a judgement about their skin color. It is a judgement about the ethical fabric of their culture. Wouldn't matter if they were black, brown, white, yellow or green. Color is just a correlation, not a cause, in this case. Probably a weak one, overall, at that.

Edited by Paranoid

I think that ebay should ban Nigeria Period, and from now on ill put that i dont ship to nigeria.

I may send him a picture of a ps2.

Shit in a ziplock bag and seal it. Send it to him and a letter saying "I'm a Peice of Shit 2"

Wouldn't you have to shit in the bag twice to make it 2 though?

This is a big problem with eBay if you try to sell any high-dollar electronics. If you put a BIN on your auction it's not uncommon for them to hit the BIN and then send you the baiting email. I also get these when I post electronics to Craigslist (I was flooded with this crap when I advertised an iPod Nano). Every now and again I'll get a message through the AtariAge Store where someone wants to purchase some large quantity of product for shipment to Nigeria.

Nigeria really needs to be firewalled from the rest of the internet until their government does something to stop this fraud.

..Al

Not sure how this works, but I bet it is a variation of the same. Funds come into Paypal, clear... but are over. Client asks for a refund, you send it... then 6 weeks or so later, PayPal removes the full amount from your account when the fraud is finally discovered. You're not just out the amount, plus your product (which is probably being used in some OTHER scam), but you're also out the money you "refunded".

This is what they do with paypal scams. They just send you a fake "Payment recieved" e-mail to you from "Pay Pal" and hope you will send the item before you actually go to paypal and check your balance. Simple as that, no actual money involved. And yes dumb people actually fall for this.

-T :)

This is what they do with paypal scams. They just send you a fake "Payment recieved" e-mail to you from "Pay Pal" and hope you will send the item before you actually go to paypal and check your balance. Simple as that, no actual money involved. And yes dumb people actually fall for this.

I don't get it... what are Nigerians doing with tons of video game consoles?

They certainly do not need to have the items in order to sell them. Clearly, being able to pay for an item or having the item to actually sell doesn't enter into their formula for business success.