IGNORED

WARNING Scammer alert! EDIT: Confirmed!

CPUWIZ

Guys/gals, until I receive more information, please do not deal with a new member called Juan Dixon ( http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showuser=12052 ). I was informed that this person is most likely a scammer, that has ripped off a bunch of people over at DP and possibly here in the past. :!:

• Like 2

Click on it. It is 3 pages of angry individuals who gave this "Man" a LOT of hard earned money for the same game that surprisingly never showed up. All from DP, Who have been quite cival about it.

I have been looking for aan AC for a Jaguar for a while and this person "Had" one this morning and sent me his address for me to send a MO too and Viola! Same dude!

I just happened to remember the name from that thread and sent the PM to a moderator on this board.(I am still unfamilliar with these forums so it took me a while to find one).

I offered him to ship the Item out of the "Good-grace" in his heart and I would give the $ to someone I now who lost over a $100! Guess he didn't want to.

• Like 1

Yeah,he offered to sell me 2 Turbografx-16 games i was looking for.Am glad i didnt have the cash for them yet or he might of ripped me off.What is done to guys like this here on AtariAge?Is he barred now?Or just placed on the Bad Trader list?I read the 3 or 4 pages of compliants placed against this guy on the DP link that was giving and i would think something would be done to insure he wont pull anything like that here on AA.

Edited by jboypacman
  • Like 1

Click on it. It is 3 pages of angry individuals who gave this "Man" a LOT of hard earned money for the same game that surprisingly never showed up. All from DP, Who have been quite cival about it.

I have been looking for aan AC for a Jaguar for a while and this person "Had" one this morning and sent me his address for me to send a MO too and Viola! Same dude!

I just happened to remember the name from that thread and sent the PM to a moderator on this board.(I am still unfamilliar with these forums so it took me a while to find one).

I offered him to ship the Item out of the "Good-grace" in his heart and I would give the $ to someone I now who lost over a $100! Guess he didn't want to.

I am reading the thread now. To read it you have to login (:roll:) and it took over 20 minutes for the forum to send me an email allowing me to reset my password (been a long time since I've logged in there). His real name is Steve McFadden and looks like he ripped off lots of people on DP. Here's a picture of him with his girlfriend:

http://www.geocities.com/penguin_faqs/mail-1.jpg

I have banned him so he can't try to setup deals with people here. If anyone notices him login with a different handle, please let me know.

..Al

• Like 1

Am hoping you are going to read this Mister Steve Mcfadden.After reading the 4 pages of complants filed against you on the DP forums and thinking on how you could of scammed me out of my hard earned money i have a few words for you.

I can not believe you would take advantage of people who come and not only use the AtariAge marketplace but any or all other online outlets such as Ebay to help build there collection of games for there videogaming hobby.Its a terrible thing that you are doing there."Ripping people off $10 at a time"can and will add up to a nice nest egg of cash and from what i have read from the DP forums it looks to me it was more than $10 at a time.Do even own half of what you claim to have for sell? The videogaming commuity is a great place to be in and we in general trust each other when we loan,trade,or sell what we own in are collections.People like you make me so mad and i believe in the old sayings "What goes around comes around" and "Do on to others as they would on to you".At some point "Juan" this is going to catch up with you and you are going to find that there is a high price to pay when you cheat people.We all do things in our lives we regret doing and we all have cheated or lied about something at one point or a other.But we learn from this and grow from this and maybe thats what you need to do,Grow-up.Am glad we have people here like Cpuwiz thats on the case protecting us from people like you.I was hoping this was all a mistake but with so many complants against you and the post from Necron99 i dont think it is.I have been on the AtariAge fourm a little under a year and i have found that everyone one here is good and honest but you sir are not and have no place on this forum.I hope am not out of line here so if i am,am sorry.I just felt i need to get that off my chest.Thank you.

Edited by jboypacman

Whoa, just saw the picture of his girlfriend, I think that is punishment enough...yikes

That wasn't very nice. I didn't mention his name, address, or anything else about him (Girlfriend also).I just sent the link to the Mod (CPUWIZ) so the folks here wouldn't get ripped off, and could deduce for themselves.

Whoa, just saw the picture of his girlfriend, I think that is punishment enough...yikes

That wasn't very nice. I didn't mention his name, address, or anything else about him (Girlfriend also).I just sent the link to the Mod (CPUWIZ) so the folks here wouldn't get ripped off, and could deduce for themselves.

I agree and I didn't post his info either, but it was clear that his name is all over the web already and it was only a matter of time until it got mentioned.

@Al: I believe it is time for you to make the marketplace forum invisible to people who are not logged in, it invites people like this to sign up and try and rip people off. Just a thought.

My thought is that if you want to come on a site like this and start ripping people off then you are fair game. If you dont want your personal info put out there, then play by the rules like everyone else does.

Dude, I was talking about his girlfriend. It's got to be embarrasing enough to be e-mailed by a bunch of video game people telling her about her crook boy-friend. But to bring her looks into it just isn't well...very nice. I could care less about what you say to him. She didn't rip anyone off. And for all I know maybe she broke up with the thief. But if she still reads these forums, maybe to see what he's up to, that would really hurt HER feelings.

Dude, I was talking about his girlfriend. It's got to be embarrassing enough to be e-mailed by a bunch of video game people telling her about her crook boy-friend. But to bring her looks into it just isn't well...very nice. I could care less about what you say to him. She didn't rip anyone off. And for all I know maybe she broke up with the thief. But if she still reads these forums, maybe to see what he's up to, that would really hurt HER feelings.

Fat people don't have feelings. They are also one of the last groups of people that we can make nasty comments about without feeling bad about ourselves. We can't make fun of minorities because they supposedly didn't choose their race, but fat people are fat because they are disgusting, worthless, subhumans with no discipline (until they lose weight and suddenly become worthy of respect and kindness). Ugly people (no matter how much they weigh) should be rounded up and shot. We shouldn't have to look at that mess. I say be pretty or die!

You shouldn't believe everything you read, you silly goose.

Edited by Random Terrain

Dude, I was talking about his girlfriend. It's got to be embarrassing enough to be e-mailed by a bunch of video game people telling her about her crook boy-friend. But to bring her looks into it just isn't well...very nice. I could care less about what you say to him. She didn't rip anyone off. And for all I know maybe she broke up with the thief. But if she still reads these forums, maybe to see what he's up to, that would really hurt HER feelings.

Fat people don't have feelings. They are also one of the last groups of people that we can make nasty comments about without feeling bad about ourselves. We can't make fun of minorities because they supposedly didn't choose their race, but fat people are fat because they are disgusting, worthless, subhumans with no discipline (until they lose weight and suddenly become worthy of respect and kindness). Ugly people (no matter how much they weigh) should be rounded up and shot. We shouldn't have to look at that mess. I say be pretty or die!

You shouldn't believe everything you read, you silly goose.

Ummm...Not doing much to advertise common decency for the Website in which you have racked up so many posts. (Bad advertising)

Ummm...Not doing much to advertise common decency for the Website in which you have racked up so many posts. (Bad advertising)

He is Random Terrain, don't take anything he says seriously. :lol:

* waits for NE146 *

I thought he may be, Couldn't be sure, No offense to this very cool website...I just wanted my opinion of this situation known.

I thought he may be, Couldn't be sure, No offense to this very cool website...I just wanted my opinion of this situation known.

Here's a tip. Check out the bottom of a post for lightly colored text or small text whenever you read something wacky. There could be a semi-hidden message.

I think the 'invisible to guests' idea put forth by CPUWIZ should be put into effect. I've heard of WAY too many people (good, hard working people) get burned outta hard earned money around here from scammers. I don't want that to ever happen to me or anyone else who hasn't been the victim of a dirty deal. This kinda stuff just pisses me off. :x These people pollute the otherwise calm landscape of AA. :D :cool: ;)