IGNORED

WARNING Scammer alert! EDIT: Confirmed!

CPUWIZ

The bells started going off when I asked him if he took Paypal and he said no because he doesn't have a bank account, and it would have to be a money order only.
This is actually a point in favor of everyone he's scammed. By taking payment through the mail (even if it's only $1, or an item of value which he offered to buy or take in trade) and delivering nothing, he's guilty of mail fraud, a federal offense. How many people has he ripped off? Dozens? By making a "federal case out of it", the victims can make this turd pay a huge fine or spend 10 years or more in prison.

Anyone remember the movie The Firm? I can't find the script online, so I'm not sure of the exact line but it was something like up to 10 years in prison and $10,000 fine for each count of mail fraud.

Question is.. is the mailing address he gives out real? Would make him rather stupid to give out all of his actual information.

Well for him to get his money, stuff the address would have to exsist and he'd have to have some way of getting the mail if it was say someone else's address. Why you want his address? He gave it to me when I was going to do a deal with him before this all came out.

Well for him to get his money, stuff the address would have to exsist and he'd have to have some way of getting the mail if it was say someone else's address. Why you want his address? He gave it to me when I was going to do a deal with him before this all came out.

To inform law enforcment of his repeated evil deeds?

Actually I was just speaking rhetorically :P you'd need an legitamate address to track this guy down if your gonna press charges and I think it'd be funny to read about this guy getting reemed by the law :rolling:

It just seems this guy thinks game collectors are idiots seeing as he's obviously been doing it alot. Who knows what other kind of collectors he's been preying on.

Edited by EmOneGarand

id be worried if i was this guy, everyone on the net knows all his personal info, what he looks like, who he is dating, youd think he would stop the shit but he doesnt.

he can be

arrested

beaten

killed

vandalized propery

charges pressed

prison

or my favorite.....

all of the above :)

Edited by Dusk2600

id be worried if i was this guy, everyone on the net knows all his personal info, what he looks like, who he is dating, youd think he would stop the shit but he doesnt.

he can be

arrested

beaten

killed

vandalized propery

charges pressed

prison

or my favorite.....

all of the above :)

Well, death might be a smidge extreme in this case, howzabout if he gets groped publically by Mickey Rooney?

post-5874-1169015779.jpg

"Jiminy jillikers!"

• 2 weeks later...

By leaving the forum public, that means people searching in Google for this bozo will hit the threads here and potentially be warned to stay away. If I hide the forum, those posts will be invisible to Google. Likewise, people looking for items that people list here are visible in Google, opening them up to a wider audience. You're always going to have bad apples. If it was an epidemic, I'd change my stance on this.

..Al

Agreed. I would have never gotten here if it wasn't open to the public. Also, I was scammed recently by some guy named Jeff Merryman from Lock Haven PA. I did my due diligence and dug up all sorts of crap on him contacted my local police and somehow got most of my stuff back. If it weren't for public forums I would have been stopped dead in my tracks at the beginning of my search and been forced to sit and stew in the fact that I got ripped off.

Well, whoever this was:bark40oz on this forum ripped me off $50! Told me he had a bunch of Atari games & then I sent him a money order and I've not heard from him since. This was well over a year ago at least. I mentioned it before when it happened and someone else said they got ripped too.

Edited by shining slade

Well, whoever this was:bark40oz on this forum ripped me off $50! Told me he had a bunch of Atari games & then I sent him a money order and I've not heard from him since. This was well over a year ago at least. I mentioned it before when it happened and someone else said they got ripped too.

Same guy ripped me off too.

I surmise that Juan Dixon aka Steve McFadden pilfered me outa 1,000¢ a few weeks ago. Havn't heard hide nor hair from him and my game has yet to arrive. Live and learn I guess.

Sorry to hear that. There is mostly good people on each board, and once in a while a few rotten apples show up. I'm guessing your 1,000¢ is a typo and you meant $1,000?? Sorry if this is the case. I'd be looking for blood... :x

I surmise that Juan Dixon aka Steve McFadden pilfered me outa 1,000¢ a few weeks ago. Havn't heard hide nor hair from him and my game has yet to arrive. Live and learn I guess.

Sorry to hear that. There is mostly good people on each board, and once in a while a few rotten apples show up. I'm guessing your 1,000¢ is a typo and you meant $1,000?? Sorry if this is the case. I'd be looking for blood... :x

No, it wasn't a typo. I just thought 1000 cents would seem more dramatic. Still aggravating however.

• 1 month later...

Be vigilante, fellow traders. Research who you are buying from before you make a trade.

I see one word , my friend! VIGILANTE'

I still watch the news every night , waiting for the ebay sniper to make his appearance. It's bound to happen , someone , somewhere , will lose a lot of money , and just go berzerk. :x Start taking out all the wrongdoers of the ebay world. It's about time ebay received an enema! :D

** runs to find my cape ** j/k

Anyone remember what happened to the last guy who did this (gamergeek)?

Dude almost lost his job.

I have watched the Gamer the Greek sage unfold:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...=91660&st=0

What happened. How did he almost lose his job? I missed this part.

Does anyone know where gamerthegreek(Jason Philis) of the Digital Press Forums is? Is he a member of these forums?

UPDATED:

gamerthegreek A.K.A. atari70shttp://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=90692

POST YOUR STORIES OF gamerthegreek A.K.A. atari70s.

POST YOUR LINKS TO HIS RIP-OFF ACTIVITY.

POST YOUR LINKS TO DEALS HE MADE GOOD ON.

And here is his mailing address for those of you here who also got ripped off in one way or another by: gamerthegreek A.K.A. atari70s A.K.A Jason Philis:

[address removed upon request of original poster]

What happened. How did he almost lose his job? I missed this part.

He didn't really almost lose his job, but if anyone had taken any initiative to the things they mentioned, there was a good chance.

And yes, I know, they were just kidding (so was I).