IGNORED

WARNING Scammer alert! EDIT: Confirmed!

CPUWIZ

• 3 weeks later...

Someone should make a homebrew called "Castration: The Steve McFadden game" and the proceeds from the limited edition game will goto benefit people who have been ripped off.

What is done to guys like this here on AtariAge?

I believe castration is the appropriate punishment here at AA for that kind of offense.

Someone should make a homebrew called "Castration: The Steve McFadden game" and the proceeds from the limited edition game will goto benefit people who have been ripped off.

Well, I think someone could hack Hangman, but Steve can lose something else more precious than just his arms, legs, or head. Somehow we should be able to incorporate Jason Philis into this game. Or maybe Jason could have a Christmas game named after him called, "The Nut-Cracker: Jason Philis gets Cracked"

Edited by Atari Charles

• 3 months later...

:!:

Just giving a heads up to everyone...'Juan Dixon' aka 'Psycho Penguin' (real name Steve McFadden) returned to Digital Press today after a long absence and immediately returned to his old scamming tricks. I know that he has been banned here, but keep an eye out, as he has been known to return to sites that he has been banned from.

DO NOT trade with:

Steve McFadden

938 Alexandria Place

Greenacres, FL 33463

DO NOT send this person anything - money or games. He is a notorious scammer who has been at it for years and has scammed people out of thousands of dollars. How he is still around I have no idea.

:!:

Just giving a heads up to everyone...'Juan Dixon' aka 'Psycho Penguin' (real name Steve McFadden) returned to Digital Press today after a long absence and immediately returned to his old scamming tricks. I know that he has been banned here, but keep an eye out, as he has been known to return to sites that he has been banned from.

Thanks for the heads up.

..Al

:x

Don't worry if it isn't his real address, he has to check it to get the cash or items. It will give the USPS and cops a place to look for him even if it isn't his.

Thanks, for the heads-up on this shameless scoundrel, but don't sit there licking your wounds complaining,

TAKE ACTION!

It IS mail fraud, which is a FEDERAL OFFENSE. Everyone who has lost any money or

game from him get copies of all correspondence and file a complaint at the US Post office of your choice.

If just a few of you go file a complaint everyone wins. The more complaints, the faster the USPS will move.

For additional action send copies to the State Attorney General of FL & NJ as appropriate for the rip-off artist of your acquaintance.

Please forward these comments to the DP or any other forums you think wise, maybe we can stop anyones else from being scammed by them.

Mr Mcfadden goes by Psycho Penguin on those sites

his address is an apartment.

Anyone in Wellington, FL want to pay him a visit on behalf of everyone that has been ripped off?

'Juan Dixon' aka 'Psycho Penguin' (real name Steve McFadden) DO NOT trade with:

Steve McFadden

938 Alexandria Place

Greenacres, FL 33463

And here is his mailing address for those of you here who also got ripped off in one way or another by: gamerthegreek A.K.A. atari70s A.K.A Jason Philis:

Jason Philis

265 Pascack Road

Washington twp NJ 07676

U.S.A.

Edited by Defender II

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if this'll be any help, but if anyone is trying to track this McFadden guy down, here's some more info:

MSN Messenger: mcfa4834@bellsouth.net

Yahoo Messenger: mcfaddenvg

AIM Address: JaunDixonFor3

And he lists his occupation as pharmacy technician in Greenacres, FL.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

DO NOT do any business with David Pendergast aka "Hounder", who has just been caught running a scam for the second time...this time using the alias "King Neptune".

There is a thread about it at DP:

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108416

There was also this thread here at AA about six months back, which was likely the beginnings of a scam that never took shape:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=105363

Al has banned him, but always be on the lookout.

Thanks PBJ. As always. A plethera of information. ;)

Indeed...there are links to several threads at NintendoAge about this guy in the DP thread I linked above. He has several personal and online aliases and multiple eBay accounts. This guy is a serious scammer.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks PBJ. As always. A plethera of information. ;)

Indeed...there are links to several threads at NintendoAge about this guy in the DP thread I linked above. He has several personal and online aliases and multiple eBay accounts. This guy is a serious scammer.

I'll keep my eye out! ;)

Edited by ninermaniac

• 3 months later...
He is using several different addresses! Must be friends or relatives helping him out with his scams.

Scammers tend to use other peoples addresses (preferably appartments in big houses, so it's less likely people know each other) and hang out near there at the time the postman usually shows up. Pretending to be the person living there they make the postman hand them the mail.

Philipp

• 1 month later...

Haha, is he still at it? I got the "I'm trying to forget that period of my life" deal when I called him on it before trading with him on another forum. He's trash. Avoid at all costs.

By the way, I have no qualms about posting his address - if you live near him it might be worth it to pay him a visit and slap him around:

Steve McFadden

1400 Village Blvd

Apt 1125

West Palm Beach FL 33409

That's the one he gave me, anyways, about a year ago.

Edited by Winthawk

He is using several different addresses! Must be friends or relatives helping him out with his scams.

Scammers tend to use other peoples addresses (preferably appartments in big houses, so it's less likely people know each other) and hang out near there at the time the postman usually shows up. Pretending to be the person living there they make the postman hand them the mail.

Philipp

If we could report that postman that postman would get into BIG HUGE trouble.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

This steve mcfadden name I've heard before on digitpress about a year ago. I even saw a picture of him, he looks like the type of person whos too big of a pussy to steal in real life so he does online.

Everyone who didn't get stuff from him can call his county police department, open up a case for aggregated theft. Then get all the people together he scammed to file on the same case #. He'll see 6 months in jail no bs........ but you have to gather 5-10 people he scammed.

Edited by OldSchoolMinty

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey

Glad this is making its way around to other forums now. I am an Admin/Mod on a few NES sites, NintendoAGE, NESforums.com, and NESworld.com. Mr Mcfadden goes by Psycho Penguin on those sites and is being "watched" to ensure he doesn't rip anyone off. Keep up the good work.

~~NGD

Psycho Penguin? There's a guy called Psycho Penguin on GameFAQs.com

• 6 months later...

Got a new guy to add to the list:

Ed, who goes by 'Palemoon' on Amiga.org and is the owner of 'Digital Orb Studios'. E-mail addy is admin@digitalorb.com. Totally unreliable. Lies, makes promises and never follows through. Is currently trying to rip me off out of $300. A PayPal claim has been filed since he refuses to give me back my money on a purchase that was never delivered. I'll update after the dust has settled, but I feel the guy is now purposely being a douche (not sure anything he's told me is the truth and even if it was, I should have my money by now) by not communicating at all.

-update-

After filing a claim, the guy refused to communicate. Promised he would refund on a certain day and he didn't. Waited another 2 days for him to make good on his promise before filing the claim. The day AFTER his deadline for communicating through PayPal, I was refunded my money. Have yet to see it on my online credit card statement, but it should be all good. Guy purposely made me wait, just to be an ass. This is the kind of guy he is.

Edited by save2600

For those that deal in arcade equipment, I have another scammer to add to the list. This guys name is Patrick Curtin. E-mail patrick.pinball.curtin@gmail.com. User patrick.curtin on eBay. I wish I would have looked at the feedback he's left for others before selling him my pinball machine. Claims that peoples machines needs hundreds of dollars of repair and now he's even attacking people that sold him a $6 tie. lol

...just an update: after I sent a service guy out twice to look at and "repair" his machine, this loser filed a 'claim' against me. eBay and PayPal have since sided with me and no action was taken. Of course it took a few weeks, where my PayPal account was tied up, but justice finally did prevail.

Edited by save2600