IGNORED

NES High Score Club Week #20 - Gradius

vdub_bobby

Say goodbye to Mario and put away your clubs, we're heading back into outer space - it's time for Gradius!

Post a score and let's get this thing rolling!

Please post any tips you may have - best tip gets 1 bonus point!

And if anyone has a link to the manual, please post it. Thanks, LarcenTyler: http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=1218851

Note: Only scores achieved by playing a new game, from the beginning, will count - no continues. Also - do not use the 30-life code!

This week's competition ends next Tuesday (Jan 23) morning at approximately 9:00 am PST.

This week's standings:

356,300 rjchamp3 (+10 pts)

326,800 Cybergoth (+8 pts)

148,200 LarcenTyler (+6 pts)

137,300 vdub_bobby (+4 pts)

Twin Galaxies High Scores

None. You could be first!

Overall standings:

1. rjchamp3 (110 pts)

2. vdub_bobby (82 pts)

3. figgler (54 pts)

4. galaxy warrior (53 pts)

5. 8th lutz (51 pts)

6. LarcenTyler (47 pts)

7. mojofltr (40 pts)

8. Cybergoth (37 pts)

9. nester (29 pts)

9. gdement (29 pts)

11. MetalSlime23 (27 pts)

12. bust3dstr8 (21 pts)

13. Slayer (18 pts)

14. Malc74 (13 pts)

15. RJ (5 pts)

16. keilbaca (4 pts)

16. mightymage (4 pts)

18. MCHufnagel (2 pts)

18. remowilliams (2 pts)

18. Kami68k (2 pts)

21. BrianC (1 pts)

21. HeckYesIDid (1 pts)

21. NightSprinter (1 pts)

Game Info

Originally released by Konami in 1985 in the arcade, ported to the NES by Konami in 1986, I think.

Tips

None yet.

Edited by vdub_bobby

I hit the wrong key when I tried to get a snapshot, good thing that the high score stays after a reset. No score for Golf because it's not one of my better games.

Also, the 30-life code isn't in Gradius, so you don't need to worry about that being used. :D

Also, Gradius manual here: http://vimm.net/manual/details.php?System=...dius&from=1

post-1653-1168964478_thumb.jpg

Edited by LarcenTyler

:) Here is a picture for the vey few who don't believe my scores are for real.

{ This is for you SLAYER READ AND WHEEP :cool: }

356,400 LOST ON LAST STAGE Damn just a matter of time

WHAT DID I CHEAT ON YOU LITTLE ?.?;>l;:

JELIOUS PUNK LOSER IS YOU. I GOT MYSELF IN THE RECORD BOOKS :twisted:

Iam the second best all around nes player in the world period

If you have a problem talk to me like a man on the phone, exactly you wont because you know better.

Thanks for the message!!!!!!!

As far as your question, all in good time. :ponder:

Please remember to keep things clean and remember that there are no prizes or awards - this is all just for fun.

Also: if you haven't already, I suggest you read the forum Guidelines.

For those of you who don't wish to follow the link, I'll quote the most relevant part:

While we understand some discussions can become heated, we will not tolerate members insulting each other in the public forums. Likewise, any racial, ethnic, gender-based insults or other personal discriminations are not permitted. The strength of your arguments goes out the window once you resort to personal attacks. If you find that you often get angry when discussing a certain topic, we suggest you refrain from involving yourself in such discussions.

And I will repeat: Do not accuse anyone of cheating in a HSC thread! If you think someone is cheating, send me a private message and we can work something out. But public accusations just poison the air and drive folks away.

And a further note on cheating: if I discover that your score was achieved through cheating or disallowed leaching your score will not be counted.

Have fun!

I hit the wrong key when I tried to get a snapshot, good thing that the high score stays after a reset. No score for Golf because it's not one of my better games.

Also, the 30-life code isn't in Gradius, so you don't need to worry about that being used. :D

Also, Gradius manual here: http://vimm.net/manual/details.php?System=...dius&from=1

Even if the 30 life code was allowed, this game is tough I still think I would lose :D

Even if the 30 life code was allowed, this game is tough I still think I would lose :D

Common jelious boy give me your phone number and talk to my face, nobody from twingalaxies will give you any info about me.

So stop lying

So I can embarrass you in front of everyone in any game LIVE

Thanks again for the new message! :ponder:

Just for the record the only reason I don't always post a pic is because I beleive the score can be improved if not then I post a pic.

In some cases I will post one during a whole competition, but I have nothing to prove to anyone.

If any of my fans and collegues really are suspicious in reason I will post a pic always. ;)

All you gotta do is ask me nicely.

Now let's kick some ass fellow gamers :cool:

That helps a lot, but that would be cheating...:ponder:

Well, first intention was to help with your problem.

For the contest specifically, it should either be allowed for all or none. AFAIR it only works once per game, so if the general consensus is that playing this week would be more fun if everyone was allowed using it, why not? ;)

(Just for the record, I certainly did not use it for my submissions so far.)