IGNORED

How do you organize your collection?

atari2600land

In alphabetical order by each company.

:) :) :)

Same here. I also keep them in plastic organizer drawers. It keeps the dust off the carts and makes for easy storage. I'm planning a more open display when my game room is completed, but the shelves will have plexiglass doors with felt seals.

When it comes to my collection, I'm OCD overload :D

On a bookshelf, by company. NO way is it in alpha-order. :D All homebrews are together. They don't stay on the shelf long, tho.

At one time (until I hit 70 carts) I used to keep 'em in the order I obtained them.

. . .Except for the Activision carts. They were always by themselves. . . :ponder:

I'll be right back, there are some dust motes on the end of the desk that are in disarray. . .

:lol:

I group by company then:

Boxed games: By box number

Companies then go in whatever order they can neatly be displayed on shelves (ie, they move around. Commavid may be on top for a few months, then a small brand like Data Age might move up if I need the space somewhere else to put an addition).

Loose games: By alphabetical. I have drawers separated for Atari pic and Atari text labels. Other than that, I just sort of put the groups in drawers where they go. Target used to sell these perfect sized drawer units, just big enough Atari carts on end. Xonox and other oddballs wont fit but those are the minority and lay down next to the masses.

I have a printed website from about 2000 that I use as a check off list. My collection is in numeric order because of that (boxes anyway, I don't consider them 'collected' if they are loose :) ).

C

Mine are in alphabetical order by title (so I can find a game I want to play without having to remember who made it or what color it is!) in cardboard boxes, carts standing on end, 1 or 2 layers deep depending on the box. Odd carts that are too big or don't stack with the others, like Imagic, Konami, M-Network, Xonox, etc., are in a separate box.

Alphabetical and seperated by company.

Also seperated by label variation.

Atari goes:

# labels

Text Labels

Pic Labels

Red Lables

Activision:

Regular labels

Blue lables

etc.

Rare stuff goes WAAAY up high. ;)

post-5270-1169332929_thumb.jpgpost-5270-1169332949_thumb.jpg

I group by company then:

Boxed games: By box number

Companies then go in whatever order they can neatly be displayed on shelves (ie, they move around. Commavid may be on top for a few months, then a small brand like Data Age might move up if I need the space somewhere else to put an addition).

,This is also my approach. I also group by box design for reissues & such. Like Apollo boxes & overlaping titles like Red label boxes/silver/color/grey etc.

Realred5.Your little shelf for your Parker Bros. and M-Network games where is that from?Did you make it yourself?Those M-Network carts are a pain in the butt to stack so i was just wondering thanks.

This is why I love Atari collecting.

When I was starting out, I used to put ads in the paper.

I met a lot of great people this way.

One time this guy calls and gives me directions to pick up a bunch of old Atari stuff.

I pull up to a log cabin house.

The guy is retired and does wood working for a hobby.

His entire basement is saws, sawdust and amazing wood furniture.

I didn't get anything too rare out of the deal (although I did get my first jr. there).

What I did get was that awesome handmade cart holder and a tea cup tree that we still hang our

tea cups on in our kitchen to this day. He told me to bring it home to my wife.

A few years later, when my son was born I went back and bought an amazing handmade rocking chair from him as

well. The guy is a genious.

I wish I had a bunch of those cart holders. They are brilliant. Each slat is removeable so you can make the compartment as big or small as you want.

I thought about trying to duplicate it, but I don't think I have the talent (or the money for all that wood...)